website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

So England will be our first finalist…. Playing at home I don’t see them loosing against any of their possible opponents...

The 1/4 is in Rome i think. Plus this is England, so they can lose anytime. One spark doesn't make fire :d

28 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Germany would have preferred to get eliminated in the group, if you'd ask me. This is too cruel for them.

I don’t really think that most German fans are too bothered by this. Most are just happy that Löw is finally gone. Personally I am glad that I missed this game, apparently I didn’t really miss much.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I don’t really think that most German fans are too bothered by this. Most are just happy that Löw is finally gone. Personally I am glad that I missed this game, apparently I didn’t really miss much.

Actually Löw should have been fired after the 2018 debacle, but this is now down the river. The eventual new manager/coach has 3 years to build a competitive team in time for the German-held next Euro.

46 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

The 1/4 is in Rome i think. Plus this is England, so they can lose anytime. One spark doesn't make fire :d

Yeah I know.

im just trying to jinx them :lol:

(but honestly I think that, if they pass Rome, and playing at home, they have all it takes to reach the final and win)

15 minutes ago, dharang said:

Actually Löw should have been fired after the 2018 debacle, but this is now down the river. The eventual new manager/coach has 3 years to build a competitive team in time for the German-held next Euro.

Many think that he should have been fired even earlier (after the 2012 debacle). It’s not just that he didn’t get fired, but that he didn’t have the decency to quit himself. If a Japanese coach would have shown a performance like that, he probably would have felt the need to commit suicide after what happened in 2018.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Apparently this was England’s first ever win in ordinary time in a knockout match at European championships, so Löw got another record. Congrats!