website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Are they related? I see they are surely not brothers.

No idea :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Fun fact about Koo (as far as I know, a Korean name): this sounds just like a very common swearword in Portuguese, and there's NO WAY any Portuguese speaker can say Lucas Koo's last name out loud and not immediately blush or laugh out loud. No way.

That explains why a random Brazilian quoted my tweet about Lucas and Google Translate translated his quote as "look as this Brazilian athlete surname"

Daleman :NED gets her second gold medal of the Games. A tale of two completely different outcomes for her across both disciplines.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

After one run in women’s giant slalom (alpine skiing):ITA Giorgia Collomb (silver medalist in alpine combined) leads (48.42), with :SUI Shaianne Zehnder in 2nd (48.56), and :ITA Camilla Vanni (gold medalist in super-g) in 3rd (48.88). Off the podium currently, but not completely out of reach of the medals are :GER Romy Ertl in 4th (48.99), :ITA Rita Granruaz in 5th (49.05), :SUI Justine Herzog in 6th (49.14), :SUI Fabienne Wenger in 7th (49.27), and :SWE Astrid Hedin in 8th (49.40). 

Edited by Josh

Sonnekalb :GER also adds the 1500m title to his 500m victory. One or both of him and Daleman will have to lose the Mixed Team Relay though :bones: