website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

True, but being entirely honest....it's the Youth Olympics, even if they were in the middle of the European day I honestly doubt there'd be much more than a handful of viewers... 

I do think this is a great time have an event like this though. No Olympics, fewer world championships, and it takes place before/in between other major sports events (Daytona 24, Super Bowl, whatever the hell Europeans watch in late January/early February :p)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Not them listing the actual home address of an athlete (wont list due to privacy) :facepalm:

Athlete/NF/NOC probably input into the system and it slipped under the radar. I’d just email the NOC/NF of said athlete, and give them a heads up.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The pictograms kind of have a retro feel in my opinion (at least the ones on the results PDFs). They remind me of the 70s/80s pictograms.

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I do think this is a great time have an event like this though. No Olympics, fewer world championships, and it takes place before/in between other major sports events (Daytona 24, Super Bowl, whatever the hell Europeans watch in late January/early February :p)

Mentioning Daytona 24, but not the Daytona 500....ouch, man :p 

But yeah, in terms of time it's entirely logical, I just don't think there is such a wide interest in Youth Olympics as we on this forum - me definitely included - would like to believe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, now I remember one of the flaws of this result system, for whatever reason they show training results (hopefully not actual race results later on) like this :lol:

I mean....come on, just enter "Sort by 'Time'" somewhere :lol: 

OfimAh9.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The PDFs are in the same order, but they did show the splits ranked. I think that's just how the software works for training in luge.

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The PDFs are in the same order, but they did show the splits ranked. I think that's just how the software works for training in luge.

Yeah, it's unfortunately the same in the World Cups. It's like they have a perfect system for races, but for trainings they use something entirely different which just doesn't work (for years already) :d 

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

well, my schedule doesn't think the same...:cry: :facepalm:

Hockey season, Basketball season, NFL playoffs, Handball and Waterpolo Europeans, Wintersports season (with all the not-to-be-missed "classics"), Fencing season, Football Asian and African Cup...

last weekend was already dramatic to follow, the next one is even worse...

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Right, now I remember one of the flaws of this result system, for whatever reason they show training results (hopefully not actual race results later on) like this :lol:

I mean....come on, just enter "Sort by 'Time'" somewhere :lol: 

OfimAh9.png

just click on the "Rank" item and you get the results sorted by time...and you can choose if you like it from first to last or viceversa :p

Screen Shot 01-16-24 at 11.08 AM.JPG

Edited by phelps