website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023

Totallympics

45 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

All the bad teams have been knocked out. Only the best teams remain. 

:JAM ready to win the whole, damn thing :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I have to say I was more impressed with South Africa among the minnows. And we'll see how Colombia does in R16.

The decline of German women's football isn't anything new, they truly have no plan B if "give the ball to Popp" plan A doesn't work. USA was a bunch of old timers and ancient celebrity storylines. Excluding the amateurs from Vietnam they scored one goal in three games vs the "real" teams. And that was from a corner. The future looks shaky, the infusion of money into European clubs has dramatically closed the gap and basically USA should be left behind really soon if this World Cup doesn't serve as the official marker anyway.

I must say Women football has really developed in this competition, there are no punch bags anymore apart from Vietnam , Zambia and Costa Rica , all other teams have left a mark , still we see some silly goals like in SA vs Italy or Spain vs Switzerland , but things are getting better , development of European Teams improved quality of Football in Europe and Africa as well 

Edited by thepharoah

Made the mistake of opening up X (artist formerly known as Twitter) tonight after the US loss…yikes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just managed to catch up now, but did the American women ever train a single penalty kick? Holy moly that were some pathetic attempts, zero power or commitment or anything behind it :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I have to say I was more impressed with South Africa among the minnows. And we'll see how Colombia does in R16.

The decline of German women's football isn't anything new, they truly have no plan B if "give the ball to Popp" plan A doesn't work. USA was a bunch of old timers and ancient celebrity storylines. Excluding the amateurs from Vietnam they scored one goal in three games vs the "real" teams. And that was from a corner. The future looks shaky, the infusion of money into European clubs has dramatically closed the gap and basically USA should be left behind really soon if this World Cup doesn't serve as the official marker anyway.

South Africa is a truly fun team. Not one of the 'lesser' teams who just go lay in front of the goal and hope they keep the goals against to a minimum, but just going for it and attacking whenever they can, that makes teams fun to watch :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Just managed to catch up now, but did the American women ever train a single penalty kick? Holy moly that were some pathetic attempts, zero power or commitment or anything behind it :yikes: 

Sorry but I feel they were very arrogant during the shootout. :(