website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

It's the first time in 12 years that German women managed to qualify for EuroBasket. While it's nice to see progress, a qualification for the OQT would be a HUGE upset. Moreover, our best player, WNBA star Satou Sabally, already said she'll be off for the EuroBasket in order to focus on WBNA season. So, thanks for your believe in the German team, but honestly a qualification for OQT is unlikely (not to be speak about actual qualification for Olympics). ;-)

Germany is my favorite country, I really like going there, what do you think of the team sports teams that can qualify?

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

if serbia don't qualify!! that would be a huge disappointment

No it wouldn't. Old guard has retired, this team is not nearly strong as the previous ones. 

:ESP:BEL and :FRA are clearly the best in this field...

the other teams are basically all on the same level, it will be up to any given day's shape (and luck).

women's basketball Europeans always end up with a few surprises...teams you wouldn't expect on the podium and teams you would expect doing well having epic fails.

for :ITA it's about time to translate their amazing results in the youth classes in the past 5/6 years into something remarkable also at the senior level.

not making at least the top 5 would be a huge disappointment (which could easily happen, our basketball girls are quite famous for flopping when it really matters).

• 1 month later...

Elena Tsineke got drafted in the WNBA to the Washington Mystics. She will become the 5th Greek woman to ever play in the WNBA.

Unfortunately, I guess this means she won't be able to play Eurobasket this year? She would really be helpful in my opinion. It will be tougher to try and make the Olympics without her, though if we can pull off a top 6 finish here I guess she will be available for the OQT next year...

• 1 month later...

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

1200x800-f32519f5a9e2171b203ec6a844d23da

Barbora Bálintová-Wrzesiňská (Arka Gdyňa, :POL )

Alexandra Buknová (MBK Ružomberok)

Ivana Jakubcová (Virtus Eirene Ragusa, :ITA )

Natália Martišková (Piešťanské Čajky)

Alica Moravčíková (Piešťanské Čajky)

Miroslava Mištinová (La Molisana Magnolia Campobasso, :ITA )

Sabína Oroszová (UNI Győr, :HUN )

Terézia Páleníková (Maccabi Haifa, :ISR )

Radka Stašová (Al-Qázeres Extremadura, :ESP )

Stella Tarkovičová (GiroLive Panthers Osnabrück, :GER )

Nikola Dudášová (Atomerőmű KSC Szekszárd, :HUN )

Tereza Sedláková (CD Talent Tirso Incentro, :ESP )      

Edited by hckošice

Well, I never expect anything in women's basketball for us, but this time there might actually be some high expectations from :HUN. Top8 seems actually plausible based on the team's form, we will see if they can actually deliver this time.