website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada is more of a generalist when it comes to sports. Sure there are sports that are better for us than others, but we have a wider range than most nations. This makes us competitive in many events, but when it comes to winning gold there usually seems to be a nation (or two or three) that's better.

I would rather have it this way, tbh

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada is more of a generalist when it comes to sports. Sure there are sports that are better for us than others, but we have a wider range than most nations. This makes us competitive in many events, but when it comes to winning gold there usually seems to be a nation (or two or three) that's better.

You're correct.  We also don't produce many multi-medalists.  Like a Phelps or Bolt, to use obvious examples.  Rio was the first time in a long time I remember Canada having multiple-medalists.  

Just now, ofan said:

I would rather have it this way, tbh

Also, not to be arrogant (because I personally have nothing to do with it), but if Canada brought their A-teams in every event they would get many more golds.  We don't even have a 4x100 relay team here on the track.  

Just now, orangeman said:

Also, not to be arrogant (because I personally have nothing to do with it), but if Canada brought their A-teams in every event they would get many more golds.  We don't even have a 4x100 relay team here on the track.  

Yeah totally. I meant I'd rather be a generalist in the Olympics. It makes it more exciting. For the Pan Ams, yeah, I'd prefer to do better. 

Just now, ofan said:

Yeah totally. I meant I'd rather be a generalist in the Olympics. It makes it more exciting. For the Pan Ams, yeah, I'd prefer to do better. 

For far too long, Canada was dead in athletics and swimming, not to mention gymnastics.  Those are the three biggest events, so it was not great.  

hace 55 minutos, konig dijo:

I really dont understand the users who says that Cuba is "much stronger" than Argentina in male waterpolo......like you can see, it is not exactly like that.

That was @Olympian1010   

I think he also said the windsurfer from Aruba was "the best by far" in this competition :lol: 

Just now, LDOG said:

That was @Olympian1010   

I think he also said the windsurfer from Aruba was "the best by far" in this competition :lol: 

I don’t remember saying the first one, but the second has really come to bite me in the ass so far. In all fairness, he really was the favorite for the competition. He just couldn’t produce the results when needed.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think Brazil has solidified 2nd place on the medal table.  Mexico will likely finish ahead of Canada due to Basque Pelota.  Canada will have to work to stay ahead of Cuba.  In terms of total medals, Canada could finish ahead of Brazil still.  It'll be close.