website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

Discussion Threads are moving from an annual cycle to a quadriennium cycle, and being merged with the Olympic Qualification Thread for the following Olympic Games.

Example: Alpine Skiing Discussion | Qualification to Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026

You might see the downside of this so I anticipate the benefits of it :d

- There will be no need to open discussion threads every new year, but just every 4;

- In the past we had some discussion threads very active and some with very few replies. Having also the general Olympic qualification discussion in the thread will guarantee each thread to be active during the Olympic quadriennium;

- We will still have separate threads for single Olympic qualification events, so these threads are only for general discussion related or unrelated to Olympic qualifications;

- In the past, we had to move lots of posts between Discussion Threads and Olympic qualification threads. This now will not be necessary anymore because there is a single thread for both.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

Discussion Threads are moving from an annual cycle to a quadriennium cycle, and being merged with the Olympic Qualification Thread for the following Olympic Games.

Example: Alpine Skiing Discussion | Qualification to Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026

You might see the downside of this so I anticipate the benefits of it :d

- There will be no need to open discussion threads every new year, but just every 4;

- In the past we had some discussion threads very active and some with very few replies. Having also the general Olympic qualification discussion in the thread will guarantee each thread to be active during the Olympic quadriennium;

- We will still have separate threads for single Olympic qualification events, so these threads are only for general discussion related or unrelated to Olympic qualifications;

- In the past, we had to move lots of posts between Discussion Threads and Olympic qualification threads. This now will not be necessary anymore because there is a single thread for both.

One suggestion. Reserve the first post for qualification details. PDF/Overview/Important dates, whatever format everyone agrees on. Personally, I see this change as a positive, as it reduces the clutter and athletes/fans anyway think more on the line of 4 year Olympic cycle rather than year. 

32 minutes ago, Dolby said:

One suggestion. Reserve the first post for qualification details. PDF/Overview/Important dates, whatever format everyone agrees on. Personally, I see this change as a positive, as it reduces the clutter and athletes/fans anyway think more on the line of 4 year Olympic cycle rather than year. 

Yeah, the first post is reserved anyway, we currently have the logo for "Discussion Thread". We can change it pointing to a link to the Qualification Tracker, where all the olympic qualification information will be stored.

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

I'd say the very best, as soon as it's there, is to have the official qualifying document (generally in PDF format) in the first post, so you don't need to go to another place just for that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!