website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

45 minutes ago, dcro said:

bestmen is still not back. :yikes:

Probably busy appearing offline and emptying his Algeria Thread posts :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

since all sport events are suspended for some months, I would like to think about some ways to improve Totallympics.

First of all, I have thought about a system to provide results on the forum, like we were doing in the past. I will give more details at a later stage but users interested to help with that can let me know so I will keep them updated and we can make some tests before the competition start again.

Also, we would like to merge https://games24.totallympics.com and https://qualifyingtothegames.totallympics.com/ websites into a single one. If someone is interested to help with the content of the website is welcome, but more than that we would need some help in the web design. The website is using Wordpress, has someone here any experience with Wordpress or with web design in general ?

If so, please let me know here or through Private Message, any help will be appreciated :bowdown:

I've always been against investing lots of time reporting the results of competitions on the forum because the last major server crash rendered all that work futile. Everything was lost and I can only imagine the frustration of people who spent hours typing everything. I'm a huge supporter of Wikipedia and I believe that it would be great for a larger number of people if results were to be uploaded to Wikipedia. Of course not every competition is deemed big enough to be listed there, but I doubt that lack of preservation of the results for a number of small meets would be considered catastrophic for many people.

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I've always been against investing lots of time reporting the results of competitions on the forum because the last major server crash rendered all that work futile. Everything was lost and I can only imagine the frustration of people who spent hours typing everything. I'm a huge supporter of Wikipedia and I believe that it would be great for a larger number of people if results were to be uploaded to Wikipedia. Of course not every competition is deemed big enough to be listed there, but I doubt that lack of preservation of the results for a number of small meets would be considered catastrophic for many people.

The problem with Wikipedia is that it takes a lot of time and coding (at least from my experience). If you aren’t good at the technical stuff, then you can get maybe 2/3 pages done during one day. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The problem with Wikipedia is that it takes a lot of time and coding (at least from my experience). If you aren’t good at the technical stuff, then you can get maybe 2/3 pages done during one day. 

Once you have the basic template ready, it's very easy to update with the names of the athletes and results. Not really a big deal. If you know basic HTML it will be a piece of cake to learn how wiki code works. 

12 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Once you have the basic template ready, it's very easy to update with the names of the athletes and results. Not really a big deal. If you know basic HTML it will be a piece of cake to learn how wiki code works. 

Where’s a good source to learn HTML? I would actually invest a lot more time into Wikipedia, if I knew I could accomplish more.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela