website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2022

George_D

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Well I have a bad feeling about him. He can easily get fourth behind Ceh and your Lithuanian guys. ;)

I don't really think that Gudžius is psychologically fit to fight for medals here, because he has been doing nothing but losing to Ceh, Stahl and Alekna all year round. Wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up in 5th/6th even.

Mykolas Alekna, on the other hand, has been studying for a year in the United States, so I really hope this will give him a small advantage over the Europeans. +1000 karma points if he breaks his father's CR, though I ultimately think that Ceh is going to runaway with it with a 71+ metre throw. 

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Women's 400m Heat 2 was really fast. McPherson 50.15, Kaczmarek 50.21 and Klaver 50.24 NR :)

I always associated European women's 400m running with The Netherlands, so seeing that Klaver ran an NR today and it's not under 50s, it's not what I somehow had imagined in my head about NL 400m running. 

I guess I'll have to associate it with Poland now :lol: 

Can you share the reason why Swiety is missing? 

Just now, Werloc said:

I always associated European women's 400m running with The Netherlands, so seeing that Klaver ran an NR today and it's not under 50s, it's not what I somehow had imagined in my head about NL 400m running. 

Burned out after running both SF & F in the mixed relay. She is saving herself for the W 4x400 relay.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't really think that Gudžius is psychologically fit to fight for medals here, because he has been doing nothing but losing to Ceh, Stahl and Alekna all year round. Wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up in 5th/6th even.

Mykolas Alekna, on the other hand, has been studying for a year in the United States, so I really hope this will give him a small advantage over the Europeans. +1000 karma points if he breaks his father's CR, though I ultimately think that Ceh is going to runaway with it with a 71+ metre throw. 

Gudzius is a bad ass for especially Ståhl. Remember Ståhl won Olympics with much shorter result than the results this year. Also I think Gudzius will step up when it matters. 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

She has firmly been Polish No 3 or 4 all year in all the races I’ve seen.

2 minutes ago, Belle said:

Gudzius is a bad ass for especially Ståhl. Remember Ståhl won Olympics with much shorter result than the results this year. Also I think Gudzius will step up when it matters. 

You have much more faith in Gudžius than me, he hasn't been stepping up since his titles in 2017-2018 :p  Plus, he's not handling the fact well that he's the nr. 2 Lithuanian now, every competition with Alekna in it and he's throwing far less than he's capable of. 

I have Ceh - Alekna - Stahl in my predictions.

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

She has firmly been Polish No 3 or 4 all year in all the races I’ve seen.

You can be 4th all you want, but when only two Polish athletes started, it's good enough for a slot. She would've made SF easy.