website statistics

Athletics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

this is something I wanted to ask for a long time, since it is treated as one multi sport event, are all the medals the same here, or are they different according to individual sports ?

The same I think… all the ones I saw so far look sort of triangular so must be all the same. Someone may correct me on that though.

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

this is something I wanted to ask for a long time, since it is treated as one multi sport event, are all the medals the same here, or are they different according to individual sports ?

Munich 2002 is considered a single event...it's been sold as a single event to the various broadcasters, the medals are the same for every discipline and all the competitions are included in the (un)official medal table...

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I suppose just historical reasons, like football, rugby, hockey, cricket etc 

Sure I understand that some European championships have always done it (boxing is another individual sport for example), I was just asking as others have said this is a ‘uniformed’ games (medal counts across all sports etc) 

Table tennis using England is an example that they’re not uniform in everything…