website statistics

Curling Mixed Doubles Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

On 12/10/2021 at 2:28 AM, orangeman said:

Congrats to :AUS for making it in the doubles curling.  Maybe all the other curling teams will suddenly fall down on the final stone and Australia will sneak in for the win!

You laugh but someone falling down while celebrating and knocking over a stone has decided a curling world championship before.

Lineup for the Canadian Olympic trials, to be concluded on January 2nd. The athletes who's name are stricken are not competing because they are a non-alternate member of the men's or women's team and were replaced by their partner. In the case of Peterman / Gallant since both athletes qualified their team was replaced by ranking.

• Jocelyn Peterman / Brett Gallant
  • Jennifer Jones Selena Njegovan / Brent Laing
  • Nancy Martin / Tyrel Griffith
  • Rachel Homan / John Morris
  • Kerri Einarson / Brad Gushue Brad Jacobs
  • Kadriana Sahaidak / Colton Lott
  • Lisa Weagle / John Epping
  • Laurie St-Georges / Félix Asselin
  • Chelsea Carey / Colin Hodgson
  • Shannon Birchard / Catlin Schneider
  • Val Sweeting / Marc Kennedy
  • Clancy Grandy / Patrick Janssen
  • Laura Walker / Kirk Muyres
  • Kim Tuck / Wayne Tuck
  • Émilie Desjardins / Robert Desjardins
  • Bobbie Sauder / Brendan Bottcher
  • Lauren Wasylkiw / Shane Konings

On 12/15/2021 at 5:11 AM, NearPup said:

You laugh but someone falling down while celebrating and knocking over a stone has decided a curling world championship before.

Gotta love throwing stones with a cigarette in his mouth.  I can understand why this wasn't an Olympic sport until the 90s now.  

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Lineup for the Canadian Olympic trials, to be concluded on January 2nd. The athletes who's name are stricken are not competing because they are a non-alternate member of the men's or women's team and were replaced by their partner. In the case of Peterman / Gallant since both athletes qualified their team was replaced by ranking.

• Jocelyn Peterman / Brett Gallant
  • Jennifer Jones Selena Njegovan / Brent Laing
  • Nancy Martin / Tyrel Griffith
  • Rachel Homan / John Morris
  • Kerri Einarson / Brad Gushue Brad Jacobs
  • Kadriana Sahaidak / Colton Lott
  • Lisa Weagle / John Epping
  • Laurie St-Georges / Félix Asselin
  • Chelsea Carey / Colin Hodgson
  • Shannon Birchard / Catlin Schneider
  • Val Sweeting / Marc Kennedy
  • Clancy Grandy / Patrick Janssen
  • Laura Walker / Kirk Muyres
  • Kim Tuck / Wayne Tuck
  • Émilie Desjardins / Robert Desjardins
  • Bobbie Sauder / Brendan Bottcher
  • Lauren Wasylkiw / Shane Konings

I'm not too familiar with mixed curling, but I'd imagine Morris/Homan are the favourites here.  They were both in Pyeongchang and Morris is a double Olympic gold medalist (in mens and mixed doubles).  While Homan flamed out in Korea, she's won multiple national and world medals.  I think Einarson and Jacobs will challenge them, though.  But who knows, this is a very unpredictable event that isn't really competed by most of these curlers.  I really look forward to watching over the holidays.  

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

I'm not too familiar with mixed curling, but I'd imagine Morris/Homan are the favourites here.  They were both in Pyeongchang and Morris is a double Olympic gold medalist (in mens and mixed doubles).  While Homan flamed out in Korea, she's won multiple national and world medals.  I think Einarson and Jacobs will challenge them, though.  But who knows, this is a very unpredictable event that isn't really competed by most of these curlers.  I really look forward to watching over the holidays.  

Agree . Would bet on Peterman/Gallant but they can of course not play since they will play men/women.

I would say most curlats play mixed doubles nowadays but maybe just once a year. And Everyone can win in mixed doubles, Even I defeated Morris once;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, NearPup said:

:CAN Mixed Doubles Olympic Trials have been cancelled due to COVID-19. Curling Canada will pick the team that goes to the Olympics.

:CAN will be represented by defending champion John Morris and 2018 Olympian Rachel Homan.