website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

Men's 1.500m quota for now. The top 20 of the Olympic qualification ranking is fixed. 10 more skaters will be added after the B-Group has finished.

Qualified based on ranking:

:BEL x2 :CAN x2 :CHN x1 :JPN x3 :KAZ x1 :KOR x1 :NED x3 :NOR x3 :ROC x2 :USA x2

:KAZ didn't qualify by points (Morozov got DQed), :GER got the final points place.

Qualified by time:

:KAZ x2 :CHN:GBR:GER:ITA x2 :NZL:LAT:KOR

What does the reserve list for the mass start look like if we remove ineligible athletes? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Ineligible athletes are already removed.

I meant which six athletes are in line to be entered into the mass start through D.2.6 as of now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Dawson :USA and Bowe :USA just missing out on qualification will make the trials interesting.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I meant which six athletes are in line to be entered into the mass start through D.2.6 as of now.

Only :NZL Michael and :LAT Silovs.

The way the document is written implies you have to be on the reserve list to benefit of D.2.6, they don't provide any alternative method to rank who gets an additional place. The reserve list is limited to eight places, and there is no way to re-allocate a place on the reserve list.

17 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Only :NZL Michael and :LAT Silovs.

The way the document is written implies you have to be on the reserve list to benefit of D.2.6, they don't provide any alternative method to rank who gets an additional place. The reserve list is limited to eight places, and there is no way to re-allocate a place on the reserve list.

Huh, that is an odd rule. Wei-Lin :TPE still has an outside side chance to sneak into the 1000m.

Not taking the quotas into account for the distances that will be skated tonight, we have a total of 25 countries already secured of at least one quota:

:ARG :AUT :BEL :BLR :CAN :CHN :CZE :DEN :GBR :GER :ITA :JPN :KAZ :KOR :LAT :NED :NOR :NZL :POL :ROC :ROU :SUI :SWE :TPE :USA 

In 2018, 29 different countries competed. Differences so far:

• No participation in 2018, but quota secured for 2022: :ARG :GBR 
  • Participated in 2018, no quota secured for 2022 (yet): :AUS :COL :EST :FIN :FRA :HUN  

:ARG will send its first ever skater to the Olympics (women's 500m) and no skater from :GBR had qualified since 1992 and now they qualified both a male and female speed skater. :cheer:

:EST Marten Liiv will almost certainly qualify tonight for both men's 500 and 1.000m, so Estonia will be the 26th country added to the list.

:FRA Loubineaud is now 2nd reserve on the men's 5.000m, 3rd on the men's 10.000m and 4th on the men's mass start. :wall:

No reasonable hope for any of the other countries to qualify. I'm most disappointed by :FIN. They also don't have any talents coming up in the junior circuit. 

I do not understand it any more. Maybe you guys can help me.

Can all Russian speedskaters participate in the Beijing Games? Even those who have ever been caught using doping? I heard Olga Fatkulina (a doper from the 2014 Games) saying she is qualified for Russia on the 500 and 1000 meter.