website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It depends on how close they are to the max athlete quota

I've done a calculation in which they could have 86 athletes, only having 2 or 3 doubles pairs outside the top10, but this would be very harsh

15 minutes ago, Pasolini said:

I've done a calculation in which they could have 86 athletes, only having 2 or 3 doubles pairs outside the top10, but this would be very harsh

Yeah, I have been counting that, but it's quite unlikely unless we see many withdrawals. 

For example, when I counted :CZE , if Menšík really qualifies, how to make a second pair if the first would be Lehecka/Machač? Maybe it could be Adam Pavlásek who is currently 36th in doubles ranking. If Pavlásek was in top 20, I would say it is doable. But for 36th place, it is kinda highest he has even been but still there are many players ahead of him who also may pair up with other singles players. 

Anyways, speaking of withdrawals, I guess we will read about most of them in June as ITF will probably require all the tennis players, especially from singles, to confirm their participation as soon as possible.

I am bit sad about Novak who had to undergo meniscus surgery and having that less than 2 months before the Games, I am starting to feel that he may not be able to make it. Such a pity because thats the only title he has been missing. Still hope he can make it🙏🙏

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 8:17 PM, MatiReimundo said:

Sumit qualifies, found out this a couple of hours ago, but i doubt it will happen

Not so fast!  Sumit just won his semifinal at Heilbronn.  The list does not get finalized till he finishes his final tomorrow.

He was the only one still controlling his destiny in qualifying for Olympics since yesterday and he has won 2 matches to keep it going.

Edited by jayakris

18 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Confirmed, after Canoe Sprint and Artistic Gymnastics, Tennis is the 3rd sport in Paris in which :SVK failed to qualify for the first time ever.

How about Schmiedlová?? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

How about Schmiedlová?? 

Yeah, too bad she failed to qualify as she was the only one in the fight, but honestly if she was not able to even qualify through the ranking despite millions of quotas awarded there, then she can really just blame herself

Edited by hckošice

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, too bad she failed to qualify as she was the only one in the fight, but honestly if she was not able to even qualify through the ranking despite millions of quotas awarded there, then she can really just blame herself

Well, according to https://live-tennis.eu/en/olympics-race-women-singles she is 80th in the Olympic ranking, I think there is still a chance she will make it. Wiki shows she is on the list, I know we can't always trust the wiki updates but I believe that she will make the cut. 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Well, according to https://live-tennis.eu/en/olympics-race-women-singles she is 80th in the Olympic ranking, I think there is still a chance she will make it. Wiki shows she is on the list, I know we can't always trust the wiki updates but I believe that she will make the cut. 

https://sport.aktuality.sk/tenis/clanok/anna-karolina-schmiedlova-zrejme-na-loh-v-parizi-nebude-2024060708511271364

41 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Wow, this article sounds pretty negative. Yeah, Jozef Kovalik is currently 119th so it is highly impossible. But Smiedlova with 80th place, I think she still has descent chances.....