website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

from what I read some coaches from main Taekwondo countries had a meeting with WT president asking him to make some changes in the rules, not getting into details but what's probably more interesting is they asked WT president to remove Grand Slam from the calendar (and therefore from the Olympic qualification)

and looks like there is a good chance WT accepts that. no Grand Slam tournament is scheduled in WT calendar this year

Thw GS was cancelled due to the situation of China (where was supossed to be held), but next year are scheduled the 2022 GS on March and the 2023 GS on December.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

from what I read some coaches from main Taekwondo countries had a meeting with WT president asking him to make some changes in the rules, not getting into details but what's probably more interesting is they asked WT president to remove Grand Slam from the calendar (and therefore from the Olympic qualification)

and looks like there is a good chance WT accepts that. no Grand Slam tournament is scheduled in WT calendar this year

It is scheduled for March 23 and Dec 23

but could change of course 

19 hours ago, LEVARTOZ said:

Thw GS was cancelled due to the situation of China (where was supossed to be held), but next year are scheduled the 2022 GS on March and the 2023 GS on December.

unrelated question, do you know how Ranking works for Junior events. World Juniors + Continental Juniors can award 90pts together which is significant. it didn't counted for some of our boys in the WR. (they are now senior team members) do you happen to know the reason ?

• 3 weeks later...

World Grand Prix Finals (:KSA Riyadh)

women's -49kg

Gold: :THA Panipak Wongpattanakit
Silver: :TUR Merve Dincel
Bronze: :ESP Adriana Cerezo Iglesias

women's -57kg

Gold: :CHN Luo Zongshi
Silver: :TUR Hatice Kubra Ilgun
Bronze: :CAN Skylar Park

women's -67kg

Gold: :JOR Juliana Al-Sadeq
Silver: :CHN Zhang Mengyu
Bronze: :FRA Magda Wiet Henin

women's +67kg

Gold: :TUR Sude Yaren Uzuncavdar
Silver: :GBR Bianca Cook
Bronze: :TUR Nafia Kus

World Grand Prix Finals (:KSA Riyadh)

men's -58kg

Gold: :KOR Jang Jun
Silver: :TUN Mohamed Khalil Jendoubi
Bronze: :FRA Cyrian Ravet

men's -68kg

Gold: :JOR Zaid Kareem
Silver: :UZB Ulugbek Rashitov
Bronze: :TUR Hakan Recber

men's -80kg

Gold: :ITA Simone Alessio
Silver: :KOR Seo Geong-Woo
Bronze: :EGY Seif Eissa

men's +80kg

Gold: :CIV Cheick Sallah Cissè
Silver: :MEX Carlos Sansores
Bronze: :MKD Dejan Georgievski

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, MHSN said:

unrelated question, do you know how Ranking works for Junior events. World Juniors + Continental Juniors can award 90pts together which is significant. it didn't counted for some of our boys in the WR. (they are now senior team members) do you happen to know the reason ?

Sorry! I just saw it, sorry. By the way, I don't understand your question.

Juniors have those points saved untul they can compete in the senior category, when the points will be added to their Olympic ranking and the World Ranking (in their respective scoring coefficient).

1 hour ago, LEVARTOZ said:

Sorry! I just saw it, sorry. By the way, I don't understand your question.

Juniors have those points saved untul they can compete in the senior category, when the points will be added to their Olympic ranking and the World Ranking (in their respective scoring coefficient).

Thanks OK thanks

we had some teenagers in our senior team at the World Championship, this guy for example, you can see his senior results are counted since few months ago but no sign of his junior results (he won World and Asian gold)

I was confused because some other junior medalists (for example one of our girls) already had those 70+20 points

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/playerProfileV2?month=0&year=2023&subCategory1=11ea9376-4530-2b19-aefb-0af9674366aa&rankingTypeId=11ea9376-1b54-af01-aefb-0af9674366aa&countryId=null&searchQuery=null&userId=11ecf5e9-0033-2695-88a4-023cb924a069

I think I know the answer now, those points will be counted from February ranking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...