website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

China dominated the women's competition by winning all 4 gold medals. they are in good position to win all 4 female quotas. on the men's side Korea and Uzbekistan won the gold at 58kg and 80kg.

unfortunate day for Iran losing some close matches in the 3rd round :( and our only finalist Barkhordari lost to the same guy he beat 3 days earlier in the qualifiers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IOC updated the qualification document, the new one shows the hosts of continental qualifiers :CHN:SOL:GER:SEN:DOM

but they also changed few things in the "reallocation" part. based on my understanding, the current document clearly says if the Grand Slam winner is already qualified (via the Olympic ranking) the quota will transfer to the 6th athlete in the ranking and NOT the 2nd person in GS ranking. 

the previous document was the exact opposite of this.

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

IOC updated the qualification document, the new one shows the hosts of continental qualifiers :CHN:SOL:GER:SEN:DOM

but they also changed few things in the "reallocation" part. based on my understanding, the current document clearly says if the Grand Slam winner is already qualified (via the Olympic ranking) the quota will transfer to the 6th athlete in the ranking and NOT the 2nd person in GS ranking. 

the previous document was the exact opposite of this.

Now you undestand me why I am seeing things:lol:

• 2 weeks later...