website statistics

Modern Pentathlon Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Robertino said:

there is sport and sport... Take 4th spot in modern pentathlon, or 1 or 2 quotas in table tennis, or 1 quota in break dance... or something like this, it's important for final number, but non for medal chance. But this is only my opinion

Sure. In the case of Italy, we have too few team sports at the Olympics to think about the number being much higher than 400. Spain, for example, will have about 10 teams in Paris and we probably only 4. Unfortunately, there has been no football since 2008 is visible, as well as a lower level in basketball.

30 minutes ago, Robertino said:

I'm not Giucas Casella. I think near 384 of Tokyo. Probably with men's basket it will be more. I think that Italy will be not less than 370. In my opinion it's more important the number of medal event. For example if Gambaro qualifies we have 3 more medal event with 1 quota. Basket is 1 medal event with 12 quotas.

what medal events? if she can't hit a cocumber! :facepalm::hairpull:

do you really think she has a chance to be part of a medal candidate couple? let's be serious :stop:

she would be the classic sports tourist :pope:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

what medal events? if she can't hit a cocumber! :facepalm::hairpull:

do you really think she has a chance to be part of a medal candidate couple? let's be serious :stop:

she would be the classic sports tourist :pope:

I didn't say that she will win 3 medals, but that with a quota :ITA will be present in 3 more medal events. It's different.

• 2 weeks later...

UIPM updated their Olympic ranking, includingresults from World Championships.

Respecting the 2 quotas per NOC (irrespective of who could they take), I'll post the positions to be awarded, as well as the possible reallocations of the tripartite quota /AIN athletes (in parenthesis).-

Women's (6+4):  :AIN :TUR :EGY :LTU :FRA :MEX :SWE :AIN :POL :UKR ( :GER :POL :CZE :SUI )

Men's (6+5):  :KOR :POL :FRA :CHN :GBR :CZE :ITA :GER :CZE :BUL :TUR (:UKR :CHI )

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

UIPM updated their Olympic ranking, includingresults from World Championships.

Respecting the 2 quotas per NOC (irrespective of who could they take), I'll post the positions to be awarded, as well as the possible reallocations of the tripartite quota /AIN athletes (in parenthesis).-

Women's (6+4):  :AIN :TUR :EGY :LTU :FRA :MEX :SWE :AIN :POL :UKR ( :GER :POL :CZE :SUI )

Men's (6+5):  :KOR :POL :FRA :CHN :GBR :CZE :ITA :GER :CZE :BUL :TUR (:UKR :CHI )

Yeah, the Olympic ranking was out shortly after the individual competitions finished. Finally happy that 2 :CZE men can go. I was checking the late results. Despite Kuf is ahead of Grycz I would guess Czech team may decide Grycz to go. Kuf did not perform well in both individual and mixed relay, Grycz has lately better results and if they did not banned him to start jumping  event at the WCH because the horse he was appointed to got injured, he would have certainly fought for a medal or maybe the worst around 7th place which would surely secure him a spot from the ranking. Kuf fought for a medal in Tokyo but screwed up his combined event and the same in the qualification in Zhengzhou. This time, I would rather nominate Vlach, who amazingly jumped up from 18th to 8th in the final and Grycz. Both of them could be dark horses in the competition. 

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Are there any countries eligible for universality places? 

In the men there's :BUR and :KUW while the women has :KUW. All athletes have a single point in the Olympic rankings so I doubt they will be given a spot.

Maybe Bolivia will try to get one in 2028 since they will be a tripartite nation

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

In the men there's :BUR and :KUW while the women has :KUW. All athletes have a single point in the Olympic rankings so I doubt they will be given a spot.

Maybe Bolivia will try to get one in 2028 since they will be a tripartite nation

Plus I doubt they have complete the riding section at any event, as the qualification document demand so a comeptitor can participate in Paris