website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Okoye has the 'B' standard (A UKA only idea), and is likely, I think, to have a Road to Paris qualifying rankng. He also had a medical exemption - given his shakey form, possibly the wisest exemption in his career! I think he'll sneak through, just.

His qualification through ranking is no question, but does he have the B standard? 

I think B standard is 65,80m which he has not thrown since July last year. 

Edited by prso1000

2 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

No, Hary's time did not count as NR, because it was hand stopped. The old NR was 10,01 by Julian Reus.

Hary's time was accepted as a world record at the time as World Athletics only required electronic timing for records from 1977 onwards

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

His qualification through ranking is no question, but does he have the B standard? 

I think B standard is 65,80m which he has not thrown since July last year. 

The UK standard is 64.90, which he has hit several times.

I didn't include him in the list from yesterday because I was trying just to include the ones who were definite.

UK Athletics Champs 2024 :GBR

The following are essentially 100% qualified. They finished top 2 at the trials, and have either a WA Q, or have a UKA Q and are safely in a ranking spot, unless there are some crazy results this weekend elsewhere.

Men

100m - Louis Hinchliffe, Jeremiah Azu

400m - Charlie Dobson

800m - Ben Pattison, Max Burgin

1500m - Neil Gourley, George Mills

5000m - Patrick Dever

400m Hurdles - Alistair Chalmers - the luckiest man in Britain - was DQed for a false start, ran under protest, ran the Q time and was reinstated later!

Long Jump - Jacob Fincham-Dukes

Discus - Nicholas Percy

Shot Put - Scott Lincoln

Women

100m - Daryll Neita

200m - Dina Asher-Smith, Daryll Neita

400m - Amber Anning, Laviai Nielsen

800m - Phoebe Gill, Jemma Reekie

1500m - Georgia Bell, Laura Muir

100m Hurdles - Cindy Sember

3000m SC - Elizabeth Bird

High Jump - Morgan Lake

Pole Vault - Molly Caudrey

There are others who will definitely be picked if fit but did not compete this weekend (or did not run their chosen event), such as Josh Kerr, Matt Hudson-Smith and Keely Hodgkinson.

Then there are others who didn't get top 2 here but have the Q (Imani Lansiquot for example) - they will be sweating this week.

Between those athletes and relay runners I expect the final team size to be around 55-60.

Then there are a chunk of people who will get a WA invite but which will be rejected by UKA. Because 'reasons'. Sigh.

20 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

UK Athletics Champs 2024 :GBR

The following are essentially 100% qualified. They finished top 2 at the trials, and have either a WA Q, or have a UKA Q and are safely in a ranking spot, unless there are some crazy results this weekend elsewhere.

Men

100m - Louis Hinchliffe, Jeremiah Azu

400m - Charlie Dobson

800m - Ben Pattison, Max Burgin

1500m - Neil Gourley, George Mills

5000m - Patrick Dever

400m Hurdles - Alistair Chalmers - the luckiest man in Britain - was DQed for a false start, ran under protest, ran the Q time and was reinstated later!

Long Jump - Jacob Fincham-Dukes

Discus - Nicholas Percy

Shot Put - Scott Lincoln

Women

100m - Daryll Neita

200m - Dina Asher-Smith, Daryll Neita

400m - Amber Anning, Laviai Nielsen

800m - Phoebe Gill, Jemma Reekie

1500m - Georgia Bell, Laura Muir

100m Hurdles - Cindy Sember

3000m SC - Elizabeth Bird

High Jump - Morgan Lake

Pole Vault - Molly Caudrey

There are others who will definitely be picked if fit but did not compete this weekend (or did not run their chosen event), such as Josh Kerr, Matt Hudson-Smith and Keely Hodgkinson.

Then there are others who didn't get top 2 here but have the Q (Imani Lansiquot for example) - they will be sweating this week.

Between those athletes and relay runners I expect the final team size to be around 55-60.

Then there are a chunk of people who will get a WA invite but which will be rejected by UKA. Because 'reasons'. Sigh.

The policy document expressly states that a world medalist who competes gets their spot. That's Hudson-Smith, Hodgkinson, Kerr, KJT. They are definite now. In addition, an exemption was given to Zharnel Hughes so he is also now a definite, at least in the 100m. And I understand as there was no separate multisport event, Jade O'dowda who has both B standard and ranking is in for the Heptathlon. And I understand Lawrence Okoye's exemption also protects him.

Given the need to staff relay teams, I'm confident Lansiquot is also safe.

Then things get colourful...

27 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

The policy document expressly states that a world medalist who competes gets their spot. That's Hudson-Smith, Hodgkinson, Kerr, KJT.

I'm aware. That's why I said "they'll definitely get picked if fit". ;) Think of my list as one of those who qualified as a result of their performances this weekend.

I'm not 100% convinced on Lansiquot. She's likely to get in but they could decide her form has been a bit iffy and just put Hunt, Philip and Henry in the relay instead, along with Dina and Daryll.

Of course, if UKA weren't idiots who sabotage themselves by setting daft standards, they could have selected Hunt in the 200m, freeing up a spot in the relay that way.

3 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

The UK standard is 64.90, which he has hit several times.

I didn't include him in the list from yesterday because I was trying just to include the ones who were definite.

Ok thanks. I saw a document with a UK standard 65,80m, but I guess that was changed. Do you know the standard in HammerThrow? 

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

Hary's time was accepted as a world record at the time as World Athletics only required electronic timing for records from 1977 onwards

I didn't say, that it wasn't accepted back then. But it was not accepted as the most recent German NR prior to Ansah's time.