website statistics
Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jur said:

Japan also has the Girls Rugby qualifiyed, so they have to choose what to send.

If they choose to discart Rugby, the place would go to :CHN , who already has girls handball and hockey to choose from, so propably they'll reject their Rugby and it would go to third placer :KAZ 

If they choose to discart futsal, the 3rd place winner would take it (still to play between :THA and :VIE ). Thailand already has beach handball girls team qualifiyed.

In conclusion, a lot of realocation is coming from Asia.

With the major push for rugby going on in Japan right now, I would not be surprised to see take the rugby quota and discard the futsal one

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018
Posted
On 4/30/2018 at 18:06, intoronto said:

I believe for the Youth Olympics, there are travel grants given.

Ya when I was watching the replays of live streams from Nanjing 2014, the commentators were constantly stressing how experience was more important than go results for young athletes at the YOG. So, I would say there is probably a considerable amount of money available for smaller nations to participate 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Gymnasiade 2018
Posted

Nowhere their website looks nice, but is very unfunctional

South American Games 2018
Posted

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

Mediterranean Games 2018
Posted

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1064714/furious-weightlifters-turn-to-president-of-albania-after-being-banned-by-their-own-olympic-committee

It seems as if the Weightlifting has lost some of its depth. No Albanian weightlifters nominated on the 80 member team.

Gymnasiade 2018
Posted
4 hours ago, bestmen said:

and this event is qualifying to YOG for swimming 

The Minimum Qualification Score for the YOG is obtainable in both swimming and archery at the Gymnasiade. Track will feature some of the youth olympians as well I think

Gymnasiade 2018
Posted

Opening Ceremony for the ISF Gymnasiade begins at 21:00 local time on their Facebook page

Gymnasiade 2018
Posted

Ya, but still. I mean I just feel like there so many people to support sport teams. I just wish that nations could give their athletes more opportunities 

South American Games 2018
Posted

Hey, I’ll watch or take interest in any international sports competition 

Gymnasiade 2018
Posted

Anyone following the ISF Gymnasaide in Morocco? Starts tomorrow, to me it seems like low participation and quality, however I feel like it is a good opportunity for younger athletes, like myself. I don’t understand why nations (NOCs) don’t take more opportunities for their athletes to compete