website statistics
Asian Games 2022
Posted
On 4/16/2019 at 4:55 AM, MHSN said:

it seems the organizers finalized the list of sports for the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou

it will be all "core" Olympic sports plus few selected non-Olympic sports, Sepaktakraw, Kabaddi, Cricket, Chess, Roller Skating, Jujitsu, Kurash, Wushu and Squash

and per Hangzhou 2022 official website Dragon Boat will be a part of Canoeing competition. but they said nothing about Soft Tennis (which is usually a part of tennis competition) or 3x3 basketball. and beside that it's not clear if Chess is just Chess or will include some weird Chinese Chess competition too.

with this, Cricket and Chess are the new sports comparing to 2018 but they dropped Baseball/Softball, Bridge, Bowling, Jet Ski, Paragliding, Pencak Silat, Sambo, Karate and Sport Climbing from the 2018 program.  of course nobody is upset about dropping JetSki, Pencak Silat or Bridge or Paragliding or Sambo, but dropping some old sports like Karate, Bowling and Baseball/Softball is a very bad idea. even Sport Climbing should be in the program.

especially Karate which is a popular sport in Asia and we usually have something like 40 nations participating at the Asian Games (OCA has something like 45 members) even though after this Iran Karate federation president claimed he contacted the AKF officials and he was told to not worry, OCA president (Sheikh Ahmad from Kuwait) is a fan of Karate and he will never let the organizers to drop Karate. he will force the Chinese organizers to put back Karate in next OCA meeting. which means this list is not final as far as OCA concerns and small changes can happen.

What are your analysis of the Freestyle draws? :lol:

Asian Games 2022
Posted
45 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm watching my frist cricket match in my life :p

I must admit that's really intuitive, so nicely to watch. Now please, show me a wicket :p

Did you get to see a wicket?

Asian Games 2022
Posted

For all the rowing guys out there, I have a question about the victory ceremonies. Why do rowing victory ceremonies have no victory stands? Is it just to show respect to fellow rowers that everyone is of the same level?