website statistics
Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018
Posted
6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Amazing stuff in Sofia :roflmao: :roflmao: :toast:

Bulgaria 1-0 Luxembourg

Let me grab a cup of tea.... 5 mins later

Bulgaria 1-2 Luxembourg

WTF, I think, I watch the replay of the goal which flashes up on the screen with the second Luxembourg goal. Then I turn back to the mainscreen and it's 2-2! I can't keep up :d

I'm now watching this match instead of all other matches :lol:

Football 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2016 at 14:12, Henry_Leon said:

:bowdown:Robbie Keane :IRL    (appearances 146 , goals 68) :bye:

Robbie Keane marked the final appearance of an international career that started in March 1998 with his 68th Republic of Ireland goal.

Keane struck Ireland's second in the 4-0 friendly win against Oman to draw level with Gerd Müller in fourth place on the list of Europe's all-time top international goalscorers.

So it's an end of an era this week with the retirement of Irish legend Robbie Keane from international football. It was quite sad and emotional watching him play his final ever game for Ireland on Wednesday :cry:. He has been such a wonderful servant for us and always showing unwavering commitment for the green jersey.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories Robbie, you are forever an Irish hero :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Of all the wonderful and beautiful goals that he scored in the green jersey, it is this goal which he scored at the World Cup in 2002 that will forever stay in the hearts and minds of the Irish public:

Edited by OlympicIRL

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2016
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only people for who it could feel satisfying would be the French and really, I have no doubt it would feel satisfying enough for them :d 

I'm sure many Icelanders would be satisfied after Ronaldo's comments about their team :p

Edited by OlympicIRL

5 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Thats precisely my spirit right now: it's an incredible luck just to be able to assist to the second time that my nation goes to a big competition final!! 

Whatever happens tonight, the players deserve a big applause when they return to Lisbon :)

Right! It's a huge achievement and something that you can never guarantee, you never know when will be the next such occasion. Best of luck for the game :)

And so our time has come to leave. Well done our boys in green, you went down fighting and made us very proud. Let the songs and the drinks flow for tonight and we will welcome you home with immense pride.

Congratulations France, good luck in the quarter-finals.

These Euros have been a pleasure for me, despite the overall perception that the quality of football isn't great. It was heart-warming see our team fight hard, rediscover grit and determination and a huge team spirit that took us to the knockout stages, creating fresh memories all the way. And to all those great fans, thank you :bowdown:.

Now is time to celebrate one more time :toast: