website statistics

Horrid last 5km for Tejay Van Garderen. His chains snapped, he took the wrong route, and got caught up in a crash while behind the peloton. All while wearing the yellow jersey. 1km to go

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Damnit! Why can’t the Danish stick to winning their own tour’s (though I have a feeling Espen won’t stay on top for long)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Jens Voigt with some great analysis for NBCSN today with 9km to go...

“this is a critical part of the race”

really I didn’t know.

I’ve fished, driven, and run on the last 35km of the route today. Some of the best fishing areas (for trout) in California right there. That is also one of the must do drives in California. There’s a free entry race in the summer that uses the same route except with four more mountains that are catagories 2, 1, HC! It’s a pretty awesome area (probably the best part of California, save Mammoth, Yosemite, or Humbolt).

Just now, heywoodu said:

It's so....American, yes :d (with those never-ending standings scrolling through the picture....I like having an overview, but it sometimes is a bit distracting :p )

And the miles/kms switching every time :d 

Hey, that’s how learned how to calculate the difference.

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

I like graphics from Tour of California. :p

Well it does take place in an area known tech and video

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

The Giro is a Grand Tour, not a classic. And in general it's not weaker than the Vuelta (maybe on a given year it is, but certainly not always) but always several levels above the Tour of California.

Sure, but the Tour Of California happens near house and on roads I’ve ridden; the Giro does not

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Everyone, considering it's California? :p No Viviani, no Ewan, no Ackermann, no Gaviria, no Demare....makes life easier :p 

True, the standard of race is lower than usual this year. I’ve never really cared about the Giro though. It’s the weakest of the classics.

Just now, Federer91 said:

Hmm Sagan can still win :yikes: Who would have known, after the spring he had. 

He’s building for a good TDF

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yay. that´s cool. Thanks, pitty for him, to win during hockey time, no one probably noticed this here lol, even if the guy is obviously a national hero and mega popular in the country :p

He comes to my state every year, so there’s many reasons for me to like him. Plus, the Tour of California was his first big breakout tour. He’s got a great personality too. (Even if he makes bad decisions personality wise and tactically) 

My boy Peter Sagan took a nice win today in Sacramento. Tomorrow we have a hilly stage with the finish at the ever beautiful area of Lake Tahoe.

The is the first cycling race I ever saw. I got me hooked on the sport, so I figured I might as well make a place to post about it.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Interesting, I didn't know if she was a favorite, this is first time I'm hearing this. I just know she pulled out because of a late injury and her replacement Dehghan finished 6th or something and our cycling federation president said something like "Yazdani is usually 2-3 minutes faster than Dehghan in time trial and Deghahn was 45 seconds away from the medal"

but my reaction was "yeah right :d, medal in women's cycling :lol:" I'm really surprised that wasn't just nonsense.

Yeah, the commentators had a similar feeling to the head of your federation.

55 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

quota cycling women?

Uzbekistan for now, that should change after the rankings are published though

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Today was a historical day for Iranian Cycling. while our men's cycling still sucks , an Iranian girl won Iran's first ever medal in Asian Road Cycling Championships. Somayyeh Yazdani won bronze in Women's Elite Road Race event. :yikes:

if my memory works well, Iran only won medal in Mountain Bike before in women's events. never a medal in track and road events. this is also very surprising, I didn't even know she is this good to challenge for a medal. She won the bronze behind Olga Zablinskaya (UZB) and Na Ahreum (KOR)

She was actually a favorite to win the Asian Games road race, but pulled out due to an injury I believe 

Road Cycling 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted

Couldn’t come up with anything witty, but here’s the commercial I really like with someone familiar 

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sagan is not a tactical genius :p

This has always killed me. Huge fan, love the dude, but come on man have some basic tactical sense :facepalm:

Road Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread
Posted
7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Sometimes it´s maybe better just to walk..:d

I was going to post this for you, I’m glad you saw it

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2018
Posted
42 minutes ago, Nate River said:

See, the Dutch are very good at cycling because during the summer they can't use the canals to get around, so they are forced to use their bikes.

Now you sound like our NBC hosts during the Winter Olympics