Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


MantaRaymarc

Athletics Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    2,985
Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, that's the one I meant (I knew because you pointed it out to me last year :p )

 

That's terrible and because of that she's the German athlete I would like the most to see having success (I know a medal isn't realistic, at least individually, but one can always hope of course for some sort of miracle). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicsFan    227
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, that's the one I meant (I knew because you pointed it out to me last year :p )

 

That's terrible and because of that she's the German athlete I would like the most to see having success (I know a medal isn't realistic, at least individually, but one can always hope of course for some sort of miracle). 

You dont want "Der Harting" to win a medal? Why? He is such a nice guy ... :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benolympique    82
8 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

here is a website showing all qualified athletes in athletics per discipline

http://road-to-rio.com/

 

wow genial !!! in the section selected it means that he is qualified to officially rio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

wow genial !!! in the section selected it means that he is qualified to officially rio?

 

It means that the National federation has nominated him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
juddy96    138

Canadian Record in Men's 20km Race Walk was improved again today in Nomi, Japan to 1:19:20 by Inaki Gomez. The record has been swapped between Gomez, Evan Dunfee, and Ben Thorne and more than 1 1/2 minutes have been shaved off of it since London 2012 (where Gomez set the then-record 1:20:58)

Edited by juddy96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pavlo    64
On 20.03.2016 at 0:02 PM, OlympicsFan said:

Pinto and Wester were pretty disappointing in Portland, but they are both pretty young, so its ok. It was the first time that Wester competed for Germany and Pinto didnt compete internationally last year, so she might have been a bit nervous. Heß improved his PB again to 17.14 in Portland and his 5th jump was about 17.60, but sadly it didnt count. Heß could even be a medal contender in Rio, if Tamgho wont get back to his old shape. 17.50 could be enough for a medal in Rio and Heß has the ability to do it. For Wester it will be pretty difficult to qualify for Rio, considering that Malkus, Mihambo and Moguenara all jumped at least 6.90 in one of the last two years. I would say that Wester and Mihambo will definitely qualify and the third place will probably go to Moguenara. Pinto has to lead our very young relay in Rio, i think she will be the oldest member of our relay, with just 24 years of age. We have tons of potential on the womens side (Butzek, Lückenkemper, Mayer, Kwadwo), but Rio might be too early. I think the medals will go to Jamaica, USA and GB. I am happy that we finally got some talent in track events. Last year we won 2 individual medals in track events, for the first time since 1999. Both Roleder and Krause clearly improved their PBs this winter, so they could really fight for a medal in Rio. In addition to that we could also fight for a medal in womens 800 m (Kohlmann, Hering) and mens 1500 m (Tesfaye). I am most impressed by Klosterhalfen, she was running very fast from 800 m to 10000 m this winter and set multiple records. At 800 m she improved the 36 year old german u20 indoor record by running 2:03:37. At 1500 m and 3000 m she set new european u20 indoor records. She also improved the 26 year old german 10 km road race u20 record (33:03) by running 32:24. I think if she wont get injured, she could qualify at 1500 m and/or 5000 m and/or 10000 m for Rio.

Germany is a country full of potential, especially while u have a clean sport u can use todays situation to your favour in next few years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabloffo    19

Grand Prix Internacional "Richard Boroto", Cuenca

 

Women's 100m

Marisol Landázuri :ECU - 11.26 (0,5v)

Edited by Pabloffo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,476

Gainesville, Florida

 

Women's 200m

:IVB Ashley Kelly - 23.17

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,705

:SVK  TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

Updated as of 09.04.2016

 

MEN´S

  • Jozef REPČÍK (800m)  (1:45.40 Lignano 07.07.2015)
  • Matúš BUBENÍK (High Jump) (230 Banská Bystrica 04.02.2016)
  • Marcel LOMNICKÝ (Hammer Throw) (77.63 Trnava 10.05.2015)
  • Matej TÓTH (20km Race Walk, 50km Race Walk) (1:20:21 Murcia 17.05.2015/ 3:34:38 Dudince 21.03.2015)
  • Anton KUČMÍN (20km Race Walk) (1:20:43 Podebrady 09.04.2016)
  • Martin TIŠŤAN (50km Race Walk) (4:02:26 Murcia 17.05.2015)
  • Dušan MAJDÁN (50km Race Walk) (3:58:57 Beijing 29.08.2015)

 

WOMEN´S

  • Iveta PUTALOVÁ (400m) (52.18 Gwangju 10.07.2015)
  • Lucia HRIVNÁK-KLOCOVÁ (800m) (1:59.14 Beijing 27.08.2015)
  • Katarína BEREŠOVÁ (Marathon) (2:36:20 Vienna 12.04.2015)
  • Dana VELĎÁKOVÁ (Triple Jump) (14.27 Banská Bystrica 01.08.2015)
  • Martina HRAŠNOVÁ (Hammer Throw) (74.27 Kawasaki 10.05.2015)
  • Mária CZÁKOVÁ (20km Race Walk) (1:32:23 Poděbrady 11.04.2015)
  • Mária GÁLIKOVÁ (20km Race Walk) (1:31:42 Dudince 21.03.2015)
Edited by hckosice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,476
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

:SVK  TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

Updated as of 09.04.2016

 

MEN´S

  • Jozef REPČÍK (800m)  (1:45.40 Lignano 07.07.2015)
  • Matúš BUBENÍK (High Jump) (230 Banská Bystrica 04.02.2016)
  • Marcel LOMNICKÝ (Hammer Throw) (77.63 Trnava 10.05.2015)
  • Matej TÓTH (20km Race Walk, 50km Race Walk) (1:20:21 Murcia 17.05.2015/ 3:34:38 Dudince 21.03.2015)
  • Anton KUČMÍN (20km Race Walk) (1:20:43 Podebrady 09.04.2016)
  • Martin TIŠŤAN (50km Race Walk) (4:02:26 Murcia 17.05.2015)
  • Dušan MAJDÁN (50km Race Walk) (3:58:57 Beijing 29.08.2015)

 

WOMEN´S

  • Iveta PUTALOVÁ (400m) (52.18 Gwangju 10.07.2015)
  • Lucia HRIVNÁK-KLOCOVÁ (800m) (1:59.14 Beijing 27.08.2015)
  • Katarína BEREŠOVÁ (Marathon) (2:36:20 Vienna 12.04.2015)
  • Dana VELĎÁKOVÁ (Triple Jump) (14.27 Banská Bystrica 01.08.2015)
  • Martina HRAŠNOVÁ (Hammer Throw) (74.27 Kawasaki 10.05.2015)
  • Mária CZÁKOVÁ (20km Race Walk) (1:32:23 Poděbrady 11.04.2015)
  • Mária GÁLIKOVÁ (20km Race Walk) (1:31:42 Dudince 21.03.2015)

 

You will have bigger team than Croatia in athletics and yet Slovakia is regularly in the lowest division of European team championships. I guess no walking at team championships hurts you. :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×