website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Plus he's getting afraid.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I wonder why almost no western countries admit Nagorno-Karabakh as an independent country or at least show their support of Armenian separatist. Because for me, the situation of Karabakh is very similar to Kosovo. They both are ethnical minority groups of their original country and have very strong determination to be independent. And the origin of the dispute is also similar, it's the reverse of historical migration and settlement between majority and minority ethnical groups. Usually western countries will show support for the weaker minority side. If so, it will definitely help end this humanitarian disaster with civilians randomly dying everyday.

Because even your home country China my home country Israel, and so India Pakistan Turkey Iraq Serbia Albania Kosovo Spain Belgium Scotland Ukraine Russia and the list goes on.... all of those have cases of disputed land, and relation with other countries, this politics at its best, all of the action that will be made by other countries is effected and will effect by their own situation.

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

For once this isn’t an unreasonable complaint. The third debate is, indeed, meant to be focused on foreign policy and the announced debate topics don’t reflect that at all.

Trump and his nomination for Nobel prize (and for good reason unlike Obama..) is only one great example of his strong foreign policies, on global scale he has done a lot and no one can take it from him.

6 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Because even your home country China my home country Israel, and so India Pakistan Turkey Iraq Serbia Albania Kosovo Spain Belgium Scotland Ukraine Russia and the list goes on.... all of those have cases of disputed land, and relation with other countries, this politics at its best, all of the action that will be made by other countries is effected and will effect by their own situation.

I totally understand these countries with disputed land keeping neutral or silent. But I mainly refer to France Germany Netherland Belgium Italy these EU countries without disputed land or separatist pressure.

9 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Trump and his nomination for Nobel prize (and for good reason unlike Obama..) is only one great example of his strong foreign policies, on global scale he has done a lot and no one can take it from him.

Trump was nominated by some far-right weirdo in parliament, who'd have nominated him no matter how idiotic he acts.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I totally understand these countries with disputed land keeping neutral or silent. But I mainly refer to France Germany Netherland Belgium Italy these EU countries without disputed land or separatist pressure.

No idea why, although one can imagine it's seen as a useless thing to do. Choose one side and the other will be mad forever, choose another side and the first one will be mad forever. Let's be real, it's not like there is any situation possible that even remotely comes close to both sides being happy. It's like a never-ending bitchfight where no side wants to give up a tiny millimeter, with the normal people being the actual victims.

Yeah I can imagine other countries would take their sweet time before burning their hands on it.

15 hours ago, phelps said:

because Europe is politically dominated by Germany...and Germany, despite some random whining, politically is completely submissive to Erdogan and Turkey...they will never go against him for real...

therefore, there's no chance Armenia (historical enemy of Turkey) is going to receive any official support from EU and their main Countries...

and you're right...there are a lot of similarieties with Kosovo, the only enormous difference being that in Kosovo's case GER and EU had their interest in supporting them rather than Serbia (who are politically too close to Russia to get support from EU)...

in Italy, we have a proverb speaking of "2 weights and 2 different measuring systems" to underline the lack of consistency in any sort of judgment/behaviour...this is a typical case well explained by that proverb...

I wish I could have such a simplistic view of the world ... makes life much easier.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wish I could have such a simplistic view of the world ... makes life much easier.

things are always much simpler than those involved wants people to think...

p.s. I just wondered when your reply was coming (that it was coming wasn't even in the odds) after I named Germany and their not so morally clean interests/behaviours (p.p.s. not saying that Italy, that's on the same positions as GER and the whole western world on this things, is better than anyone...just underlying that sometimes -almost always- those who claim to be the good expample, the virtuous party are actually the most dirty party)...