• 5 months later...

What a final of the European championships :d 

Germany - Netherlands

1-0

1-1

2-1

Penalty corner with less than ten seconds to go: 2-2

Shootouts: Netherlands wins :cheer: 

Nice revenge for the group game where Germany came from 2-0 down in the last minute or so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One of the most absurd results in hockey history. Germany was clearly superior and should have been up by at least two goals in the first quarter already. The women were super lucky yesterday, but this game was the complete opposite. I hope they use the fact that they were clearly the best team at this tournament as a motivation for the Olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I can’t believe the level of stupidity by the German teams and the level of cheating by the referees those past two days. Germany should have won both finals. Overall today was a very poor match, neither of the teams was able to create anything other than penalty corners. You just knew that Germany wouldn’t even score if they would get 100 corners and if the Netherlands would play without a goalkeeper. I guess it is encouraging to see that no European team currently is in better shape than Germany ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

That was not much of a great level in the women's final, but the Netherlands was a little less bad than Germany and so took the deserved but not very convincing win :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

Eurohockey division II results.

a)Top 2 got promoted to Div I for 2023.

b) top 5 advanced to the final european qualifier for a world cup place, which will grant 1 more WC place for women and 2 for men. They will contest for that with the bottom 3 teams of division I.

c) Bottom 2 are relegated to div III 2023.

Men

1. :AUT

2. :SCO

3. :IRL 

4. :POL

5. :ITA

6. :UKR

7. :SUI

8. :CRO

Women 

1. :BLR

2. :FRA

3. :POL

4. :WAL

5. :RUS

6. :CZE

7. :AUT

8. :LTU

Great progress made by :FRA who will have both their teams in top division just before the olympics. 

16 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

@LDOG I'm almost sure that they will change the EuroHockey Championship in 2023, we'll not have more the division format.

Yeah, I was just about to post that after looking in wikipedia. 

It seems only the top 4 teams of the recent division I are guaranteed to play division I again in 2023. All the rest (from the 5th place of div I all the way down to teams in div IV) will play each other in some ridiculous series of tournaments in 2022 in order to be distributed to the various divisions for 2023. 

So absurd... we'll see some 20-0 scores.

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yeah, I was just about to post that after looking in wikipedia. 

It seems only the top 4 teams of the recent division I are guaranteed to play division I again in 2023. All the rest (from the 5th place of div I all the way down to teams in div IV) will play each other in some ridiculous series of tournaments in 2022 in order to be distributed to the various divisions for 2023. 

So absurd... we'll see some 20-0 scores.

Great training field for french teams at Paris then...