website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2020

George_D

1 minute ago, SalamAkhi said:

So some lessons :

- in the Netherlands there is no peak, low lands and a WR form from january to december :p

- come the Olympics, come team GB :pope: But now they've found someone to talk to :coffee:

- Gregory Baugé is back into some kind of shape, hope he can end his career getting a medal 

The advantage of the dutch team in men's team sprint is really "fascinating". Team sprint should be about tenths of a second, but somehow they have about a second on all the other world class relays. Usually GB always pulls off a miracle perfomance at the olympics, but this time they need a really big miracle. In which events do they actually have a realistic shot at gold? Women's team pursuit, women's omnium and ... ? I would be very surprised if they would win 4 golds or more. I can't agree about Bauge, i hope that he will never again win a medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Great time also for the German women, 32.1, WR in Tokyo so we can have a WR sweep ? :coffee:

Who knows? I think the results here mean nothing for the olympics, there are probably 5 teams that could win gold there. What worries me a bit is that the german coach said that the focus clearly is on Tokyo and that they don't want to peak too early, but at the same time he said that it is difficult to hold the young athletes (like Hinze or Grabosch) back at their home world championships. If they went all out for this competition, then they might end up without a medal in Tokyo, considering how strong the field is.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 5 minutes, OlympicsFan a dit :

The advantage of the dutch team in men's team sprint is really "fascinating". Team sprint should be about tenths of a second, but somehow they have about a second on all the other world class relays. Usually GB always pulls off a miracle perfomance at the olympics, but this time they need a really big miracle. In which events do they actually have a realistic shot at gold? Women's team pursuit, women's omnium and ... ? I would be very surprised if they would win 4 golds or more. I can't agree about Bauge, i hope that he will never again win a medal.

Why is that ? :mumble:

14 minutes ago, Torchbearer said:

GB always miraculously brings it all to the Olympics and sweeps, regardless of their results at the WC....it is a mystery...

Well, we shall see if they can do it again. Unlike the previous times, this time their rivals are setting massive WRs.

#banbestmen

I don't follow track cycling all that much but is GB getting some new talent influx? The Kennys, Jack Carlin and Elinor Barker are the only names I know and they are seasoned campaigners? HSBC has pulled out of the sponsorship deal just three years into an 8-year deal so one has to wonder whether this team has reached its high-water mark already? When the Kennys retire it will be a stellar ash down there.

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really interesting results today:

- The level in men's and women's team pursuit is absolutely insane. The german women's team was actually on a great pace but then they made a huge mistake, i think they still could reach the bronze final with a more concentrated performance tomorrow.

- I know that GB always peaks at the olympics, but they might be too far away this time to do their usual thing?

- Unless the Netherlands find a way to get disqualified, there is no way that they won't win gold in men's team sprint

- Kind of surprising to see Germany win gold in women's team sprint, but there are easily 5 teams that could end up with the olympic gold, i am very surprised to see how good Canada has become

Canada won't even qualify for the women's team sprint, due to the incompetence of the NF.

13 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, Italy. One negative point for this format :lol:

13 hours ago, Agger said:

What a semi! :bowdown:

13 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

Denmark beating the WR, again

Italy also breaking that good old WR from this afternoon, but no final for them

if he doesn't burn out after the team event, Ganna is going under the 4-minute mark in the individual pursuit...basically he made up almost 2 seconds to the Danes in the last 2 laps all alone...:yikes:

when he was leading the "train", ITA were always cutting the distance from DEN, while the other guys were losing at least 2/10s of a second each and every lap (except for Lamon at the start)...

p.s. and now I can't wait to see what this team can do in Tokyo, with Viviani in top shape among the "fab 4" and after a few months of specific training (because also Ganna and Consonni right now are preparing the road racing season and are not 100% dedicated to the track events)...

Edited by phelps