website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

So you are in this phase to ask questions like that. I remember people asking questions like this here 3 weeks ago but I can't see that anymore. right now it doesn't matter what's the origin of this virus.

but we are in a new phase "fuck it, enough self-quarantine for me, let's go have fun" :d:facepalm:

To be fair, the question of where exactly it originated (like which animal) can provide major help in finding a vaccine or at least in studying the virus and so on.

Not that we here are actively working on a vaccine probably, but I'd still find it interesting to know :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, the question of where exactly it originated (like which animal) can provide major help in finding a vaccine or at least in studying the virus and so on.

Not that we here are actively working on a vaccine probably, but I'd still find it interesting to know :p 

for scientists of course. I mean for other people :d

my point is when you are trapped at home for a month with nothing to do, nothing to watch, when you hear at least 100 people dying everyday in your country, some of them in your own town (and I know it's even worse in some other places), you start not caring about the origin, you just want your life back to normal

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

So you are in this phase to ask questions like that. I remember people asking questions like this here 3 weeks ago but I can't see that anymore. right now it doesn't matter what's the origin of this virus.

but we are in a new phase "fuck it, enough self-quarantine for me, let's go have fun" :d:facepalm:

I was very surprised when i saw images from Qom of people lickings bars in a holy place :yikes:

in proportion of the number os cases, from your country we see a very few information.

1 minute ago, konig said:

I was very surprised when i saw images from Qom of people lickings bars in a holy place :yikes:

in proportion of the number os cases, from your country we see a very few information.

They arrested those guys actually for disrespecting holy places lol but I think that was Mashhad in Northeast, not Qom. that was disgusting though. now we know the virus is spread hugely because of those stupid religious gatherings. and the government acted very late to shut down all those places. they are closed now but a bit late.

maybe because the majority of news about in Iran are not in English :d the health ministry has a press conference everyday at 14:00 and announces the numbers. and there are tons of information about the situation in every single province, of course some people always question anything comes from Iranian government because of their bad reputation.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

For pretty much all of those countries, or at least most of them, one can very seriously wonder their ability to test and track cases..

I know few people in Tajikistan, they closed all borders from the first day and didn't let even a dog in without 14 days mandatory quarantine. not completely sure about Turkmenistan but I think they also did the same. they gave up hosting Asian Futsal Championship weeks before other countries even imagine about not hosting . but both countries have "presidents" for life so you never can be sure about anything. Emomali Rahman is ruling Tajikistan for a very long time, longer than life of most of Totallympics users :d

Syria probably did 0 tests so far, so I guess having 0 positive result is 100% accurate . if the virus finds its way into those refugee camps it will be catastrophic and I think it's just matter of time. :cry:

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I know few people in Tajikistan, they closed all borders from the first day and didn't let even a dog in without 14 days mandatory quarantine. not completely sure about Turkmenistan but I think they also did the same. they gave up hosting Asian Futsal Championship weeks before other countries even imagine about not hosting . but both countries have "presidents" for life so you never can be sure about anything. Emomali Rahman is ruling Tajikistan for a very long time, longer than life of most of Totallympics users :d

Syria probably did 0 tests so far, so I guess having 0 positive result is 100% accurate . if the virus finds its way into those refugee camps it will be catastrophic and I think it's just matter of time. :cry:

I wonder if the conflict between Turkey and Russia in Syria temporarily stops due to the coronavirus. I didn't hear any endless middle east conflicts after the outbreak.

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

I wonder if the conflict between Turkey and Russia in Syria temporarily stops due to the coronavirus. I didn't hear any endless middle east conflicts after the outbreak.

as you said middle east conflicts are usually endless. :facepalm: but this one between Russia and Turkey is complicated, it's mostly between Assad troops and Turkey. Russia is not directly involved. I think Putin and Erdogan met few weeks ago and solved their problems. Putin got what he wanted from Syria, he doesn't care if Turkey invades some lands inside Syrian borders. that's only Assad's problem.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

About two: that is, as one would expect, extremely likely to be some sort of crazy conspiracy theory. It could be true, but you know, purely theoretically.

And number one: I think the last I read about it was that scientists found out it might be quite likely that it came from pangolins, possibly starting with bats and then going from pangolins to humans, thanks to the idiotic humans who illegally sold pangolins for their meat (and, not surprisingly, 'for their medicinal value' or some nonsense like that).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin

I wonder how can the pangolin get the bat virus? Do they eat bat poop? Or we have another middleman which are the pangolins' only food: ants?

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's the first day of Spring today. It's lovely, isn't it? :p

I noticed, it is quite busy outside :p 

Like in the 'Japanese garden' in Amsterdam:

ETolgmmXsAAPmK1?format=jpg&name=small

Or in the local 'Do it yourself' shops:

Klussers-in-de-rij-voor-de-Hornbach-in-D

Or at the market in Amsterdam (because "we all have risks in life anyway"):

EToYhRfWoAU1dXg?format=jpg&name=medium

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!