website statistics
Jump to content

Artistic Gymnastics 2020 Discussion Thread


thiago_simoes
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

:JPN Asuka Teramoto is out of the Home Games...torn Achilles Tendon is the diagnosis (she has already had an operation and she's expected to sit out at least 8/10 months)...:cry:

I don't follow Gymnastics that closely, but I read that's an important loss for the Japanese team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

This's kind of Artistic Gymnastics I want to see always where athletes really artistically interact with music not just doing typical routines and that's it at least on floor 

 

My problem with NCAA Gymnastics is that they put too much emphasis on the dancing. Plus, they still use that outdated scoring system. I like athletes interacting with the music too, but this isn’t Dancesport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My problem with NCAA Gymnastics is that they put too much emphasis on the dancing. Plus, they still use that outdated scoring system. I like athletes interacting with the music too, but this isn’t Dancesport.

A little dancing will not be that bad it's called Artistic Gymnastics at least in floor I want to see different routines I want to see some art not just robots doing exactly the same things 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

A little dancing will not be that bad it's called Artistic Gymnastics at least in floor I want to see different routines I want to see some art not just robots doing exactly the same things 


With due respect, you're describing the routines of the US girls. You have to learn to appreciate other teams too. Dutch and Canadian girls have awesome choreography, especially Brooklyn Moors.

EDIT: If you want to watch routines that are closer to NCAA in elite gymnastics, Belgium is your team to watch (especially Nina Derwael). They have very simple acrobatic skills, okay-ish choreography and clean execution. But they perform too few difficult skills for me to care. I prefer gymnasts with a solid dancing background but way harder tumbling skills (Saraiva and Andrade from Brazil, most of the Russian girls, some of the Chinese girls).
 

Edited by thiago_simoes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is sort of totally random, but here you have FIG listing Totallympics as a source. :yikes::d

 

https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/athletes/bio_detail.php?id=50907

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

This is sort of totally random, but here you have FIG listing Totallympics as a source. :yikes::d

 

https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/athletes/bio_detail.php?id=50907

Based off discussions I’ve had with various federations, they all seem to be aware of a few forums, chat groups, Facebook groups like ours. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sindo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...