website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Mountain Bike Cycling UCI World Championships 2019



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s like saying Voldemort’s name in the Harry Potter universe @Laraja. 

You put your popcorn back, not gonna let Voldemort ruin my evening  

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Whose idea was it to make the U23 race a qualification event? What is this, men's football?

 

it's because at the world champs many young regulars of the world cup senior races would eventually come back to their age class to try and get some medals (which they're unlikely to get among the senior ranks)...

 

it's to make it fair for them in terms of OQR (not forcing them to take a painful decision...going for youth medals or for a few -but maybe decisive- points in the OQR?) and for UCI to have the best possible U-23 race (with all the best riders in that age class)...

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Fossesholm :yikes:

 

She ended up competing in the wrong cross-country apparently, since she's one of the world's biggest talents in cross-country skiing instead of cross-country mountainbiking...I thought :d 

 

x65UGJx.png

 

waiting for her to try also some athletics...maybe she's just as good as Johaug in the 10,000m...:whistle:

 

or why not some Triathlon?

 

and we're here wasting all of our time following Pita and his adventures...:rofl::facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-Country Mixed Team Relay

Gold: :SUI Switzerland

Silver: :USA United States

Bronze: :FRA France

 

 

Cross-Country Junior Women's Race

Gold: :SUI Jacqueline Schneebeli

Silver: :AUT Mona Mitterwallner

Bronze: :NOR Helene Marie Fossesholm

 

 

Cross-Country Junior Men's Race

Gold: :GBR Charlie Aldridge

Silver: :FRA Luca Martin

Bronze: :ITA Andreas Emanuele Vittone

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phelps said:

 

waiting for her to try also some athletics...maybe she's just as good as Johaug in the 10,000m...:whistle:

 

or why not some Triathlon?

 

and we're here wasting all of our time following Pita and his adventures...:rofl::facepalm:

 

She needs to try cross-country running, then she will have medals in all three...:champion:

 

She would not be the first dual CC Ski/Bike Olympian, though: one of the Czech girls has done both, can’t remember her name. Never near the medals in either, though.

 

Most common solo double is speed-skating / cycling, quite a few have done that.  (I’m not counting athletics / bobsleigh crew, extremely common.)

Edited by Grassmarket
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grassmarket said:

She would not be the first dual CC Ski/Bike Olympian, though: one of the Czech girls has done both, can’t remember her name. Never near the medals in either, though.

 

Kateřina Nash. She competed at 5 OG (2x Winter in CC Skiing 1998 and 2002 and 3x Summer in MTB Cycling 1996, 2012 and 2016)

 

Another Czech famous for competing at both games is Eva Vrabcová Nývltová (3x Winter in CC Skiing 2006, 2010 and 2014 and Marathon in Rio 2016)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

 

She needs to try cross-country running, then she will have medals in all three...:champion:

 

She would not be the first dual CC Ski/Bike Olympian, though: one of the Czech girls has done both, can’t remember her name. Never near the medals in either, though.

 

Most common solo double is speed-skating / cycling, quite a few have done that.  (I’m not counting athletics / bobsleigh crew, extremely common.)

Yeah a certain Brazilian has done the same (Olympics in MTB and XC) :whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...