website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Okay, crazy idea, not at all sure if it's actually even plausible, because most users are always late or leave their votes for the final day, but I'm going to try to set an example.

So our special TISC spinoff edition could be sports related not in the term of theme, but in the way that the songs compete.

Example: 36 songs in the competition are divided in six groups of six

in these groups, every single song faces each other. 

Every user gets three points to distribute in every match, so the score can be 3:0 or 2:1 between the songs and they are all then tallied up to find out the winner of that specific match, points difference matters in case of ties.

Different users could even be in charge for different groups to share the workload.

Let's say that 3 songs from every group survive to form two groups of 9, the top 3 songs from Group A fight against B and C, the same for D, E, F and after that single round robin, 4 songs from each group advance and are seeded into the quarterfinals, semis and the final to find out the winner.

For quarters, semi's and finals I think everyone should get 5 points to distribute, to add in some variety, 5-0, 4-1, 3-2 would be the options. 

PROBLEMS:

This would have to be run a bit similarly as a prediction contest, people would need to vote actively and more frequently than just that single time that you do for TISC

Multiple people running the show would mean more people have access to the results and that might be a worry in regards of fair play

No guarantee that with this system the best song wins

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answer even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(d) Instrumental themed

---

Questions 2 and 3 are answered with 'yes' for 1 in mind, but I'm roughly 50/50 for question 1. It'd probably be fun and all, but I'm also not sure I'd be that interested to invest a decent amount of time in it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would be a yes on anything that is completely different to TISC (this is just to help explain where I lie on Q1).

here is a weird idea: a contest that everyone will choose a city in his country and will try to convince the other why that city is the best and the than everyone will rank the cities in an order and the city with the most points will win i present the:TISCity edition :clap:

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answer even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

Question 1:

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

9 hours ago, Dnl said:

here is a weird idea: a contest that everyone will choose a city in his country and will try to convince the other why that city is the best and the than everyone will rank the cities in an order and the city with the most points will win i present the:TISCity edition :clap:

I kinda like this one :d 

To make it a bit better and not get all the standard big cities we already know, one could think about a limit on how many people can live in participating cities.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I like the Festival of Music idea the most. It would be fun to have nations like Palau and Niger appearing on the scoreboard for a special edition.

Further twists can include considerable shortening of the contest and having the users pick their nation in secret.

#banbestmen