website statistics

Athletics EAA European Under 20 Championships 2021

Totallympics

22 hours ago, dodge said:

She won gold at under 18 level in the 200m. She *should* repeat in that here in Tallinn. She probably would have won the under 23s if she was allowed enter 

I hope she lowers her won senior record too

Nope. Where do you get things like that from? Do you actually follow athletics?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

34 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Nope. Where do you get things like that from? Do you actually follow athletics?

You need to chill out. Why are you so angry all the time? :facepalm:

Adeleke’s best compares well with the winners of that competition. Maybe she’d win, maybe she wouldn’t have. I’d be confident she’d compete and beat those girls

its fine if you disagree but you asking everybody who disagrees with you have they ever watched sport is getting tiresome

1 hour ago, dodge said:

You need to chill out. Why are you so angry all the time? :facepalm:

Adeleke’s best compares well with the winners of that competition. Maybe she’d win, maybe she wouldn’t have. I’d be confident she’d compete and beat those girls

its fine if you disagree but you asking everybody who disagrees with you have they ever watched sport is getting tiresome

If you are confident that she would win, then you obviously don’t follow athletics. Her PB is 22.91 with +0.1 m/s wind, Kaddari ran 22.64 with -0.4 m/s Wind in the same Stadium. MAYBE Adeleke could have competed for bronze, but that’s it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

23 hours ago, dodge said:

She won gold at under 18 level in the 200m. She *should* repeat in that here in Tallinn. She probably would have won the under 23s if she was allowed enter 

I hope she lowers her won senior record too

Anyway, very dominating win.

Tzengko safely into the final as expected. It seems like she is our only medal hope left, unless Bouzakis sneaks a medal in the men's discus.

Deligianni 4th :cry:. Sad to see her miss out on a medal. Just 0.09 seconds separated 2nd from 4th, but she smashed her own U20NR from last year by over one second! So a very good sign and nice that we have a good young athlete in this event because we typically never do well in these middle/long distance events.

Sad that Chatzipourgani didn’t make the final, but good that she improved her SB by over a second and got a new PB (from 59.01 to 59.00, lol). Looks like her injuries are past her and hopefully at the World Championships next month she can do much better.

Kallimogianni 11th in the women’s 3000m steeplechase, very good considering she was the youngest athlete in the final. She’s just 16 so she’ll get another chance at this category in 2023. Who knows, maybe she can even win a medal then? It will be tough and the German girl who finished 5th will also be back (and I'm sure some other countries probably have good U18 girls coming up too), but it’s a good sign for Greece as we never do well in these distance events like I was saying.

Very disappointing that none of our three female shot putters made the final, and some of the others were a bit disappointing today too aside from Mortzakis in the men’s 10km walk who got a new PB.