website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

If Manu had won quota in 25m and both Heena and Yeshaswini won quota in 10m, most likely we would have exchanged one of the 10m quotas for 50x3 Rifle quota. Manu has to compete in both. Rahi in 25m is also certain. So, it was essentially between Heena and Yeshaswini for the last pistol spot and the situation is same even now. Heena still has an edge because she can win quota in 25m event as well at Asian Championships. (In that case, Manu and Heena would exchange their quotas to get the desired team). 

Only those athletes who are going to start in AP event can take part in Mixed team event. So, teams for Mixed event will be Manu/Saurabh (huge medal prospect) and Heena or Yeshaswini with Abhishek (provided they qualify). 

But I don't think there is a need to exchange it with 50m3P. In the women we are capable of getting at least 1 quota in Asian championships in 50m3P from Gaayatri or Sunnidi, Anjum is expected to be the 2nd. For the men's 50m3P by no means anyone deserves it, they have been awful throughout with 40th to 90th positions. Heena is not participating in 25m and she made it clear. Still if Chinki Yadav gets one in 25m, it would rather be given to Mairaj Sheik in skeet, provided sheraaj Sheikh qualifies through Asian championships. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Hockey FIH Series finals for men is going to start on 6th June. 

Yeah but for India it's a formality. We are anyways going to make it by world rankings if I'm not wrong. Then also we have to wait until November for the final qualification. 

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

But I don't think there is a need to exchange it with 50m3P. In the women we are capable of getting at least 1 quota in Asian championships in 50m3P from Gaayatri or Sunnidi, Anjum is expected to be the 2nd. For the men's 50m3P by no means anyone deserves it, they have been awful throughout with 40th to 90th positions. Heena is not participating in 25m and she made it clear. Still if Chinki Yadav gets one in 25m, it would rather be given to Mairaj Sheik in skeet, provided sheraaj Sheikh qualifies through Asian championships. 

Chinki's hypothetical quota cannot be given to Mairaj or Sheeraz. This time quota exchange has to be done within the same gender. Thats why I talked about exchanging quota for 50x3 because in our hypothetical, we had full pistol quota and none of our shotgun shooters deserved the exchange. Also, I think even if Heena is not keen on 25m she should still compete in it in Asian Championships as there are 4 quotas available there. 

12 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Yeah but for India it's a formality. We are anyways going to make it by world rankings if I'm not wrong. Then also we have to wait until November for the final qualification. 

Yes, we are safe for the qualification tournament. Anything less than huge wins in all the matches would be a disaster for us. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Chinki's hypothetical quota cannot be given to Mairaj or Sheeraz. This time quota exchange has to be done within the same gender. Thats why I talked about exchanging quota for 50x3 because in our hypothetical, we had full pistol quota and none of our shotgun shooters deserved the exchange. Also, I think even if Heena is not keen on 25m she should still compete in it in Asian Championships as there are 4 quotas available there. 

If it's in intra gender quota exchange then nothing can be done. If we get an extra quota in women, and 50m3P is not having any quota then yes it can be given to them, else Shreyasi Singh is the only one else, though not a medal contender. 

Indians in Action Today

Grand Slam French Open

MD:- Rohan/Copil plays in Rd3

Divj/Marcelo looses in Rd2

Paes/Benoit plays in Rd2

PGA The Memorial Tournament - Rd2

T44  A Lahiri

T55 S Sharma

FIG World Challenge Cup, Slovenia

Parallel Bars:- Rakesh moves into individual finals

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Overall analysis of shooting places as of now ....... shooting is likely to be one of Indias most  likely medal hopes ....... quick analysis only of quota places 

Pistol 

10M for Men - Saurabh and Abhishek already won quota places , Shahzar is also a great shooter ...... so  while saurabh stands apart form the rest ....... shahzar may challenge abhisjek for the quota if the NRAI holds a shoot off .... India has a great team with 3 shooters in top 15 and saurabh unoffically number one ( according to me as he is second without participating at the world championships ) 

25M rapid fire - India has won no quota places but with china already qualifying 2 shooters  and 4 quota places in the Asian, also , I believe we should have at least one qualifier if not two - Most like Anish or Adarsh - hopefully one at the last world cup and one at the asian competition or two at the asian qualification  - competition will be from korea ( they have a couple of really good shooters here )  , pak and vietnam but I think 2 is really possible . Anish is currently the 2nd highest ranked asian amongst the unqualified shooters 

10M pistol for women - With Manu qualifying, yeshashwini or heena may get one quota place but may not be that easy as the competition at the asian level is tough ( though china and south korea have maxed out ) but thailand , mongolia, singapore all have good shooters , I am hoping for One as even in the mixed pairs we should have our second pair  ( 5 other asians  ahead of yeshashwini ) 

25M pistol for women - with Rahi qualifying and Manu doing well in this event ( qualifying in 10m ) , I do not see chinki really qualifying , this event is truly open with china still only qualifying one , korea qualifying only none , Mongolia and thailand strong in this event and not having any qualifyers yet the asian event is going to really strong and tough 

10M mixed pair - obviously in Saurabh and Manu we have a world number one team but going forward I feel we would have a second Pair 

SO I think we may have 7 quotas in shooting Pistol ........also have 2 pairs in the tokyo , this will bring our team to a really strong 10 shooters participating in all 5 events as Manu would be shooting in two events 

Rifle 

50 M three positions Men - Currently our shooters doing badly ( highest Indian Parul is 48th in the world )  .... maybe they need to induct a couple of youngsters likeSheoran or Kusale but the asian standard is also very weak  ( china already has 2 quota places ) so I feel we may get one at the asian championship 

10M air rifle for men - Divyansh panwar qualifying is great , also  deepak and Ravi are doing well and at asia they may induct Hriday Hazarika I feel and I am confident we will get our second quota the highest ranked Asian who is unqualified and probably qualify 

10M air rifle for women - Here we have plethora of riches with anjum and apurivi ranked 1 and 2 in the world (already qualified ) and velaranivel is also knocking on the door of the top 10 

50 M 3 position for women - i believe we have a good chance to have either sunidhi or gayatri to qualify , and anjum would be the second shooter here

In pairs we will have two pairs and I believe both teams are strong ..........

Total quotas may be 6 , but we will have most likely two pairs and Anjum shooting in the 3 positions we should have I feel 9 strong shooters in the 5 Rifle events 

shotgun 

Trap _ I think Kyanan would defintely qualify 

skeet _ i think either mairaj , shiraz should qualify 

I think we may get one women in either trap or skeet if we are lucky ......Possibly Ganemat and I am wondering where is manisha keer 

I think we have 3 athletes competing in the 5 events 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

In Shooting, we should qualify at least 6-7 more. We are yet to do anything in shotgun. This time we have to at least 3-4 medals in Tokyo. Only if the youngsters have some luck and they keep their cool.