website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2018

vinipereira

40 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

@MHSN, can you tell us quick preview of day 2? :d

my first day preview turned out to be no good :d btw I couldn't watch a single minute today. thanks to UWW website

60; The level looks low in this weight. no big name. bunch of new wrestlers. I expect another AZE-RUS final but everything is possible I watched that Emelin guy before. nothing special

67; we have Mukhtarov, Surkov and Daurov in top half, I go with Surkov of Russia, I see Bolkvadze as the main favorite in bottom half, can't see anybody close to him. maybe Turkey.

72; interesting match between Kurak and Korpasi in first round. probably will determine the top half finalist. bottom half also looks interesting with Chunayev and Cataraga. we also have Lomadze and Cojocari . pretty interesting level for a non-Olympic weight.

82; another interesting competition in a non-Olympic weight. so many good wrestlers in top half including the world champion Manukyan. we have Szabo, Abacharaev, Aleksandrov and the Turkish guy Kus. in bottom half I give more chance to Huseynov. but he has to beat Datunashvili in 2nd round. slim chance for Sasounovski.

97; no doubt Aleksanyan is my pick for the gold. we may have the world final replay in SF between Aleksanyan and Evloev. we also have the veteran Noumonvi but I don't think he can beat either any of these two guys.. bottom half looks more competitive. we have Ildem. Azizsir, the Georgian guy, Kajaia and even Nuriyev. we also have Balasz Kiss . he surprised me big time by winning bronze in the world last year.

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

I didnt know that. Is this the first time that finals are separated from preliminaries? I heard about that plan few years ago.

Yep. new rule since 2018.

because they want one day to "promote" the finalists for the 2nd day. we saw how they promote today by having such a great website.

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yep. new rule since 2018.

because they want one day to "promote" the finalists for the 2nd day. we saw how they promote today by having such a great website.

Their promotion is always the same,just big words and nothing else. Its shamefull that in this digital age they cant launch user friendly website that actually works. I follow wrestling more than 20 years,i follow net coverage from earliest days and its always the same,worst site ever just turns unreachable during biggest competitions.

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

my first day preview turned out to be no good :d btw I couldn't watch a single minute today. thanks to UWW website

60; The level looks low in this weight. no big name. bunch of new wrestlers. I expect another AZE-RUS final but everything is possible I watched that Emelin guy before. nothing special

67; we have Mukhtarov, Surkov and Daurov in top half, I go with Surkov of Russia, I see Bolkvadze as the main favorite in bottom half, can't see anybody close to him. maybe Turkey.

72; interesting match between Kurak and Korpasi in first round. probably will determine the top half finalist. bottom half also looks interesting with Chunayev and Cataraga. we also have Lomadze and Cojocari . pretty interesting level for a non-Olympic weight.

82; another interesting competition in a non-Olympic weight. so many good wrestlers in top half including the world champion Manukyan. we have Szabo, Abacharaev, Aleksandrov and the Turkish guy Kus. in bottom half I give more chance to Huseynov. but he has to beat Datunashvili in 2nd round. slim chance for Sasounovski.

97; no doubt Aleksanyan is my pick for the gold. we may have the world final replay in SF between Aleksanyan and Evloev. we also have the veteran Noumonvi but I don't think he can beat either any of these two guys.. bottom half looks more competitive. we have Ildem. Azizsir, the Georgian guy, Kajaia and even Nuriyev. we also have Balasz Kiss . he surprised me big time by winning bronze in the world last year.

non olympic weights so far look more popular :d

btw all matches are uploaded at UWW youtube channel