website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

Maybe the time is disappointing, but the gold was far more important. 

And we still got one more 4th place, poor Kenderesi, he only needed 0.07s...

You think the Hungarian coaches in the stands were looking disappointed (at least to me) because there was no WR or because Kenderesi missed the bronze by 0,07 sec? Their reaction was surprising, everybody else is so happy when their swimmers win gold.

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

You think the Hungarian coaches in the stands were looking disappointed (at least to me) because there was no WR or because Kenderesi missed the bronze by 0,07 sec? Their reaction was surprising, everybody else is so happy when their swimmers win gold.

I didn't pay attention to that, so I am not sure. It's probably because of Kenderesi, that 4th place hurts, especially when we will win so few medals in the pool compared to Rio. 

On 25/07/2021 at 09:03, OlympicsFan said:

At this point i just hope that i will become old enough to again witness a german swimming medal at the olympics.

And looks like your worries were unnecessary!

Great to see how happy Sarah Kohler was when she finished the race third.

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I didn't pay attention to that, so I am not sure. It's probably because of Kenderesi, that 4th place hurts, especially when we will win so few medals in the pool compared to Rio. 

Yes, that's what I thought as well.

You can see their reaction in slow-motion repeats just after the race finish.

5 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Womens 200 fly is the most secure world record there is in swimming. I could see going another 10-15 years without breaking it.

Not a surprise. A super suit era record from a swimming team with a history of doping. 

Apparently, Katinka Hosszu is receiving a lot of abuse in social media for her performance in the Olympics. 

Both the guest commentator in :HUN TV (a former swimmer) and her team mates defended her in today's live broadcast.

Even V. Orban wrote the following comment to her FB post: "Once a champion, always a champion. Whoever had the national anthem played in their honor in the Olympics, forever remains a hero for us" (approximate translation)

This is one of the very rare instances when I agree with him completely! :lol: