:USA  United States
Erika Brown
Abbey Weitzeil
Natalie Hinds
Simone Manuel
3:32.81

Final Results Here
Heats Results Here

Super proud of our 4x100m still getting 4th. Since at least Sydney 2000 the Dutch 4x100m women have been top 4 of the world. I hope Kromowidjojo and Heemskerk will get their successors soon to keep the tradition alive.

Pretty much all finals were really slow. I guess we will have to get used to seeing faster times in prelims. China probably could have won a medal in women's 400 free relay if they would have used their two best athletes. Men's 400 free was the most disappointing race of all, even yesterday (not to mention two years ago) noone would have bet anything on none out of Rapsys/Sun Yang/Detti/De Tullio/Horton/Malyutin winning a medal. I wonder if Wellbrock regrets not swimming this event, i think he certainly will if he won't win a gold medal. Mühlleitner with the expected finish (considering that he is german), but he might still get bronze in the future if the tunisian guy is caught. At this point i just hope that i will become old enough to again witness a german swimming medal at the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Other than Peaty so so morning in the pool for GB. Did hope for an early surprise medal. Still plenty of chances to go but I would be disappointed if GB ended up not getting the six they got in 2016 after so much progress. It would be a shame to go backwards even if the loss of Carlin and O’Conner has hurt team gb chances. 

5 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Hungary's swimming team coach said weeks earlier to the competition that the realistic result for :HUN is 1 gold (Milak) and a few silver and bronze medals.
We are still on track to that

How do you judge whether you are on track or not?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.