website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

:PAK Talha Talib did great in snatch and won the bronze with an impressive 148kg

unfortunately for Pakistan, he can't qualify for the Olympics :thumbdown:

Huang Minhao equaled his Snatch world record of 155kg. he could lift more from what I saw

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:PAK Talha Talib did great in snatch and won the bronze with an impressive 148kg

unfortunately for Pakistan, he can't qualify for the Olympics :thumbdown:

Huang Minhao equaled his Snatch world record of 155kg. he could lift more from what I saw

Why not? 

but I forgot something, Pakistan is eligible for a wild card and he has done enough to be eligible for that . so our Pakistani friend still can qualify for the Olympics.  :cheer:

For Tripartite Commission Invitation, athletes must have participated at a minimum of two (2) Eligible Events during the Qualification period including at least one (1) Silver Level.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

but I forgot something, Pakistan is eligible for a wild card and he has done enough to be eligible for that . so our Pakistani friend still can qualify for the Olympics.  :cheer:

Is it the best lifter among tripartite qualifying ?

32 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Is it the best lifter among tripartite qualifying ?

I think so, he is easily top 6, looks like a medal contender in Tokyo considering he is just 21

but still I don't know how they award these wild cards, they don't necessarily give them to the best eligible athletes.

btw another 1-2 finish for China, huge margin over the next guy. so I assume Chen Lijun is almost guaranteed a place in Tokyo. to me both Chen and Huang were capable of breaking the World Records here but they didn't attack it because of their own competition. Chen beat Huang by 1kg. but both of them finsihed 6 out of 6.

our Pakistani friend somehow fainted in CJ and lost the total bronze by 1kg to Uzbekistan.

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

btw another 1-2 finish for China, huge margin over the next guy. so I assume Chen Lijun is almost guaranteed a place in Tokyo. to me both Chen and Huang were capable of breaking the World Records here but they didn't attack it because of their own competition. Chen beat Huang by 1kg. but both of them finsihed 6 out of 6.

I would give Chen Lijun pending card. He won over Huang Minhao but the weights lifted is not impressive. He needs to wait the results of other categories.

I think we already have the qualified in this category, in my opinion we will have :  Chn, Uzb, TUR, Col, Ita, JPN, Ina (if Deni won't be allowed but I think he will, probably Spain could qualify, to make a full men team) , Fra, Geo, Mex, KOR(India could have a small chance but he need to improve in world junior next month) , Madgascar, Samoa