website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

@Vic Liu sorry but I have to ask you another question tonight :d

do you know anything about China's possible squad for the Asian Weightlifting Championship in Uzbekistan which will start in a week ?

if I understand the rules correctly. everybody has to participate in these continental Champs to be eligible for the Olympics. so I guess the Chinese squad here will give us a better idea about who is going to Tokyo.

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

@Vic Liu sorry but I have to ask you another question tonight :d

do you know anything about China's possible squad for the Asian Weightlifting Championship in Uzbekistan which will start in a week ?

if I understand the rules correctly. everybody has to participate in these continental Champs to be eligible for the Olympics. so I guess the Chinese squad here will give us a better idea about who is going to Tokyo.

I have no idea about the list. But the Asian champions allows 10 athletes per gender so it’s still not easy to say who will grab the Olympic quota. I am pretty sure only Asian champion will get the quota still it’s not a guarantee. Based on my searching, all 2019 WCH champions are preparing for it.

Edit: I found a list of 11 athletes per gender attended a NT internal competition for the preparation of Asian CH on March.

Women: Hou Zhihui, Jiang Huihua, Liao Qiuyun, Li Yajun, Luo Xiaomin, Deng Wei, Huang Ting, Zhang Wangli, Wang Zhouyu, Kang Yue, Li Wenwen

Men: Li Fabin, Chen Lijun, Huang Minhao, Feng Lyudong, Shi Zhiyong, Yuan Chengfei, Lyu Xiaojun, Li Dayin, Tian Tao, Tian Fuxuan, Yang Zhe

in case anybody is interested, Kianoush Rostami will participate at the non-Olympic weight of 89kg here :lol:, another desperate try from him to collect more points. :d

if someone checks the ranking, Iran has some guys in top 15 in 96kg and 109kg but none of them are participating here, which means you can remove them from the Olympic ranking, Ali Hashemi (2 time world champion, 7th in WR at 109kg) didn't make the team and won't go to Tokyo.

On 09/04/2021 at 07:23, Vic Liu said:

I have no idea about the list. But the Asian champions allows 10 athletes per gender so it’s still not easy to say who will grab the Olympic quota. I am pretty sure only Asian champion will get the quota still it’s not a guarantee. Based on my searching, all 2019 WCH champions are preparing for it.

Edit: I found a list of 11 athletes per gender attended a NT internal competition for the preparation of Asian CH on March.

Women: Hou Zhihui, Jiang Huihua, Liao Qiuyun, Li Yajun, Luo Xiaomin, Deng Wei, Huang Ting, Zhang Wangli, Wang Zhouyu, Kang Yue, Li Wenwen

Men: Li Fabin, Chen Lijun, Huang Minhao, Feng Lyudong, Shi Zhiyong, Yuan Chengfei, Lyu Xiaojun, Li Dayin, Tian Tao, Tian Fuxuan, Yang Zhe

China announced the list and claimed it's seen as an important national trial. Women Huang Ting and Men Feng Lyudong are out. @MHSN

22 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Do you have the results of national trial in women's category 

They have  weightlifting national in August / September which decide the team for upcoming important event like WC / AC etc .

Start list

https://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2021/04/2020_ASIAN_CH_TASHKENT_UZB_START_BOOK.pdf

some Asian top weightlifters are absent here, if I understand the rules correctly. everybody has to participate in one event in the new window to be eligible. they may change the rule since the Oceania Champs is cancelled, but if the rule stands, whoever doesn't participate at the Asian Champs won't be eligible to qualify unless he participates in the last renaming event in Colombia which is unlikely. how he hell someone ignores the Asian Champs in Uzbekistan to participate in Colombia (and that event in Colombia is not even a sure thing)

no need to say that PRK is not participating

some missing names. most importantly :INA Irawan (61kg) without him, there is nobody to challenge China for the gold in this weight.

and an interesting name in the list is Ruslan Nurudinov. 2016 Olympic Champion who is back after serving 2 years ban for his doping case in 2012 !

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Start list

https://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2021/04/2020_ASIAN_CH_TASHKENT_UZB_START_BOOK.pdf

some Asian top weightlifters are absent here, if I understand the rules correctly. everybody has to participate in one event in the new window to be eligible. they may change the rule since the Oceania Champs is cancelled, but if the rule stands, whoever doesn't participate at the Asian Champs won't be eligible to qualify unless he participates in the last renaming event in Colombia which is unlikely. how he hell someone ignores the Asian Champs in Uzbekistan to participate in Colombia (and that event in Colombia is not even a sure thing)

no need to say that PRK is not participating

some missing names. most importantly :INA Irawan (61kg) without him, there is nobody to challenge China for the gold in this weight.

and an interesting name in the list is Ruslan Nurudinov. 2016 Olympic Champion who is back after serving 2 years ban for his doping case in 2012 !

I think that in the new qualification document that IWF propose some days ago to CIO(but nobody knows what is written inside) that rule will be cancelled.