website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Vic Liu said:

I won't say absolutely, but most likely Li Yajun is out. Otherwise it's unfair for the champion since everyone knew it's a crucial trial.

Ohk I got to know Liao has best of 129CJ. What was the reason she wasn't even close to clean at 128 today 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I think this is the first total medal. the same guy won a bronze in CJ last year but those individual lift medals don't really matter.

even though I have to say, it was only 4 weightlifters in 55kg. still who cares. that's an achievement for Sri Lanka.

LOL, this looks like Bolivia at the South American Artistic Gymnastics Championships. There was a year when the Bolivian girls beat the Peruvian team for the bronze medal and I was like "noooo way, this is huge", even though there were only four teams competing. :d

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Ohk I got to know Liao has best of 129CJ. What was the reason she wasn't even close to clean at 128 today 

I don’t know either. The weights she achieved is not satisfactory enough for the team. So I can’t say she is secure for the Olympic ticket.

16 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

LOL, this looks like Bolivia at the South American Artistic Gymnastics Championships. There was a year when the Bolivian girls beat the Peruvian team for the bronze medal and I was like "noooo way, this is huge", even though there were only four teams competing. :d

yeah something like that :p but the 4th guy was from Uzbekistan. so it wasn't like he was gifted a very easy medal.

sometimes even a lucky medal can encourage people in that country to invest more in that specific sport.

39 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:TPE Kuo Hsing-Chun broke Snatch and Total World Record to win the gold medal easily at women's 59kg.

obviously China is not going to send a weightlifter in this weight :d their girl lost by 20kg margin to Kuo :yikes:

That is the only certainty at this time. Apart from this, it is all conjectures and wishes. 

19 hours ago, MHSN said:

yeah something like that :p but the 4th guy was from Uzbekistan. so it wasn't like he was gifted a very easy medal.

sometimes even a lucky medal can encourage people in that country to invest more in that specific sport.

Wasn't he a silver medalist at the world juniors a few years ago?

19 minutes ago, Dolby said:

That is the only certainty at this time. Apart from this, it is all conjectures and wishes. 

yes indeed, nobody knows how Chinese coaches will decide about it. they may even end up using the coin toss :d