website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

This is the first time I am praying that ranking of an Indian player should not be improved. I just hope Bopanna stays out of top 10 and has to go with Leander:p

I don't want him to choose Bhupathi. With him, he can't cross even first round.

In mixed, Bopanna and Sania should team up. That's the best possible combo we have currently. They will get a good seed and realistic chance of a medal as only a couple of wins and you are into medal zone. Paes should stay out of this

In WD, Sania should get rid of Rashmi Chakraborty. She should go with a younger player. Ankita or Prarthana maybe

Edited by Smit

34 minutes ago, Smit said:

This is the first time I am praying that ranking of an Indian player should not be improved. I just hope Bopanna stays out of top 10 and has to go with Leander:p

I don't want him to choose Bhupathi. With him, he can't cross even first round.

In mixed, Bopanna and Sania should team up. That's the best possible combo we have currently. They will get a good seed and realistic chance of a medal as only a couple of wins and you are into medal zone. Paes should stay out of this

In WD, Sania should get rid of Rashmi Chakraborty. She should go with a younger player. Ankita or Prarthana maybe

leander is the only international tennis player with an appearance in 6 olymics ...with Rio that could be 7 ..... a feat I believe may be difficult to touch by any other player ......in the link below go to tennis and see lee's performance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_athletes_with_the_most_appearances_at_Olympic_Games

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

There is no danger of Mirza dropping out of top 10, so we are assured of a pair in WD.

For doubles, NOC can choose any two players as a pair. Combined ranking of the pair is equal to sum of their individual rankings (better ranking between MS and MD is used for each individual). Pairs win quota based on this combined ranking. 

There is no chance for second pair in MD as apart from Bopanna no one is ranked high enough. Bopanna/Paes might also be on edge of qualification if both of them dont do well in French Open. 

If Bopanna manages to reach top 10, he can chose Bhupathi instead of Paes but IMHO it would be a case of cutting one's nose to spite the face. 

Also, its next to impossible to find any reliable simulation rankings for doubles as there are just too many combinations 

Thanks for the information was good and accurate ....so bopanna / lee need to do well at french open we could be without a doubles mens  pair ?? ( ouch ) .... but then we could have a male in the mixed doubles in any case based on sania and bopanna scores ???

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

20 minutes ago, Smit said:

Then we'll miss XD too. Both players have to feature in doubles or singles draws to be able to play in XD

You are right !!!....double ouch ..................... so we must hope that bopanna and lee do well at the french open :fingers:

17 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I think India did not participate. At least should have given a try. Such a shame.

Men Entries

Men Results

Women Entries

Women Results

Such a tragedy....in Men's 6/10 teams and Women's 5/8 in such a prestigious tournament...Suppose to be a main qualifier tournament and so many teams withdrawing is bad....

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

27 minutes ago, India said:

I am expecting 0-3 medals for India. This is a big country but sucks a lot in sports unfortunately. 

I dont agree with you. India doesnt suck in sports . India is improving day by day