website statistics

Sport Climbing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

44 minutes ago, Adriano said:

To be honest, I had a problem with this sport, but TV realisation with a good commentator is enjoyable. For me in program we should have all 3 individuals events and additional combined. 

But they do need to add combined graphics especially in the lead phase. Every single move can change the order and with that all being calculated automatically, it can be updated within 1-2 seconds of the hold being reached, but they're not showing anything at all. Now you have to keep track yourself or just stare at the live score on a different screen, which is just not useful.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Garnbret :SLO is such a beast! She ate those boulder problems for breakfast and then enjoyed that lead route for dessert. I’m also super happy for Nonaka :JPN and Noguchi :JPN. It was nice to see the Japanese climbers find some success at their home Olympics. 

The route setters did a great job setting intriguing boulders, but I think they could have ratcheted down the difficultly a notch. The green hold section of the lead route also proved to be quite a challenge. I think they could have made that top volume section (after the green holds) just a tad easier though, since it would have been nice to see someone top out during the final.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:POL Aleksandra Miroslaw set the WR in speed climbing but predictably finished last in lead & bouldering and still finished 4th overall. This unfair format won't be missed for sure. Let's hope Miroslaw stays in form to contend in speed climbing alone in Paris.

Indonesia will likely win the gold in Paris... I speed

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Indonesia will likely win the gold in Paris... I speed

Speed is very unpredictable at the top. Plus, they aren’t the only nation working on new beta. I’d say they have a decent chance, but it’s nowhere near certain.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela