website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

NOPEC this law anti OPEC voted by US senat to decrease the price of petrol

why does USA controle the price of petrole , this is my oil i sell it like i want , of course because they have veto/nucleaire 

RUSSIA heeeeeeeeelp

and some people thought Taliban is different this time :(

in their official announcement they said women better to not leave home at all !! :facepalm: but if they do they have to cover their faces. if not their male relatives (husband or father) will go to jail!

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/7/taliban-orders-afghan-women-to-cover-their-faces-in-public

Sinn Fein has won majority in the Ulster parliament - for the first time ever. I kinda lost track whether that makes any difference these days? :dunno:

Does anyone still care about the nationalists vs unionists old flame?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-61355419

27 minutes ago, George_D said:

Melanson chose the Greek “n” as a sign of the French Left: How he decided

https://newsbulletin247.com/world/91601.html

Kind of topic, but why did this article spell his name wrong? It's Mélenchon, or Melenchon without the accent.

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Sinn Fein has won majority in the Ulster parliament - for the first time ever. I kinda lost track whether that makes any difference these days? :dunno:

Does anyone still care about the nationalists vs unionists old flame?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-61355419

Plurality, not majority (27 our of 90 seats). Neither the Unionist nor the Republican side have a majority because the Alliance, which is neutral on the status of NI, did so well (17 seats, third largest party).

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

and some people thought Taliban is different this time :(

in their official announcement they said women better to not leave home at all !! :facepalm: but if they do they have to cover their faces. if not their male relatives (husband or father) will go to jail!

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/7/taliban-orders-afghan-women-to-cover-their-faces-in-public

Really confusing about Taliban's rules. It will only make it further to get international society's recognition. maintaining status quo is a much better option.

For some shameless parading, the annual stuff in Moscow has gotten underway. Including a non-military defense minister riding around in military uniform with a hundred medals. Which once again makes it clear Russia gives out it's medals for free when buying a carton of milk or something, it's just like North Korea :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

New polling shows something among the supporters of the ruling party in Hungary that I am sure China likes.

Favorability polling of Fidesz voters (by a trustworthy pollster)

:CHN 57%

:GBR 56%

:GER 52%

:FRA 51%

:RUS 43%

:USA 33%

:UKR 24%

So the US pretty much lost the propaganda war in Hungary, Orbán successfully turned the Ukrainians into the bad guys among his voters. Obviously the entire Hungarian society doesn't show the same result, just Orbán's voters, but as far as Hungary concerned, only Orbán's voters matter because his party had a huge election victory.

And Russia is even more liked among younger Orbán voters, only old Orbán voters dislike Russia. And what's even more important: the future for China here looks rather bright. The Americans are losing Hungary. 

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

New polling shows something among the supporters of the ruling party in Hungary that I am sure China likes.

Favorability polling of Fidesz voters (by a trustworthy pollster)

:CHN 57%

:GBR 56%

:GER 52%

:FRA 51%

:RUS 43%

:USA 33%

:UKR 24%

So the US pretty much lost the propaganda war in Hungary, Orbán successfully turned the Ukrainians into the bad guys among his voters. Obviously the entire Hungarian society doesn't show the same result, just Orbán's voters, but as far as Hungary concerned, only Orbán's voters matter because his party had a huge election victory.

And Russia is even more liked among younger Orbán voters, only old Orbán voters dislike Russia. And what's even more important: the future for China here looks rather bright. The Americans are losing Hungary. 

what about Greece :GRE ?