website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, konig said:

If someone who lives in Europe want to tell the others....

People are giving all kinds of reasons, but in the end I think it's simply a wave movement. Whatever people choose is not magically going to solve everything, if problem A gets better, problem B will get worse, and so on. That's going to keep happening, at some point the results will be the opposite of this again (and back, and back) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There is no Euro result, as there is no European polity. There are 27 national results, with most people voting for national reasons. Some countries even held simultaneous national elections.

The extreme right did well in some countries, like France, but not so well in others, like Hungary and Poland. All in all, the far Right is up a little, but the parliament is still firmly in control of Christian and Social Democrats and Liberals. Unlike in my country, the far right did not take over the levers of control.

18 hours ago, konig said:

For the E.U users: what are the reasons for this results?

1. People are disillusioned with traditional parties so they think extreme ones will solve their problems (compare it with some latin ameircan countries who choose radicals (at least they seem so) like bolsonaro or millei)

2. No1 problem is migration and all the consequences coming from it. And to be more specific migration from muslim countries, especially in the aftermatch of arab spring (2011) in the last decade. People blame as more responsible the left/centre-left parties mainly for this so thats why they turn to extreme/conservative right

9 minutes ago, George_D said:

1. People are disillusioned with traditional parties so they think extreme ones will solve their problems (compare it with some latin ameircan countries who choose radicals (at least they seem so) like bolsonaro or millei)

2. No1 problem is migration and all the consequences coming from it. And to be more specific migration from muslim countries, especially in the aftermatch of arab spring (2011) in the last decade. People blame as more responsible the left/centre-left parties mainly for this so thats why they turn to extreme/conservative right

That's exactly what a few Europeans who are here (NZ) on a workers visa have told me. 

I do believe it's now becoming a phenomenon in a lot of the western world. Where a lot of these countries are becoming more conservative. It will be even more emboldened say for example if Trump gets elected again, which I think will happen regardless of his issues with the court system.