website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

You know best the believes of any party doesn't mean a lot in the result of elections. This is mostly just the voting for the party, whose PR works better on me, you, him/her etc.

Yeah, but we have the same people running each party for a while. Schetyna is more occupied with keeping his party leadership after he was Tusk's biggest enemy for a long time. There is nobody new in our poitics, well, maybe Zandberg but he's too radical to ever win power. L&J vs CP battle goes on for the last 15 years and people quite frankly don't care about the PR IMO.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

If there’s anything I’ve learned in life, it’s not to upset the Irish Catholics ?

Yeah, they might just post a video in response! I've seen worse reactions from people/groups being upset :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, they might just post a video in response! I've seen worse reactions from people/groups being upset :p 

Clearly you’ve never been in a fight with one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Interesting and sad report from Human Rights Watch concerning the detention of children in armed conflicts.

https://watchlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2362-watchlist-military-detention-policy_note-lr.pdf

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I really liked this video. It’s a world that I’ve never known, but I find it powerful. LA is obviously unfortunately world famous for its violent gang wars. It’s really nice to see that we’re at a point where gangs are at least willing to talk with one another, and discuss positive methods to influence their communities. I’ve always thought that studying gang politics would be very interesting. Anyways, I just wanted to share this video for those interested:

I’d say Bernie Sanders is mildly popular in SoCal :p. Also a glimpse at one of the potential surfing site for 2028 (beach is behind the crowd)

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d say Bernie Sanders is mildly popular in SoCal :p. Also a glimpse at one of the potential surfing site for 2028 (beach is behind the crowd)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the California primary is a close race between Biden, Sanders, and maybe Warren (I could honestly see Yang doing well too, but that’s a very long shot). California is a place where Sanders/Warren will find a lot of support as Democrats in the state are pushed farther and farther left by the current national government. I still think California favors a moderate liberal, but the state (as well as the West Coast (Oregon, Washington, Nevada)) is definitely moving further left as the national government continues to fail. The mass exodus of conservatives from the state is helping too. As much 30-40% of people who left the state in the last five years cited being conservative as their reason for leaving. I’m actually quite interested to see the results of our primary (I think Biden will win, but Sanders/Warren will definitely give him some pressure).

Edited by Olympian1010

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the California primary is a close race between Biden, Sanders, and maybe Warren (I could honestly see Yang doing well too, but that’s a very long shot). California is a place where Sanders/Warren will find a lot of support as Democrats in the state are pushed farther and farther left by the current national government. I still think California favors a moderate liberal, but the state (as well as the West Coast (Oregon, Washington, Nevada)) is definitely moving further left as the national government continues to fail. The mass exodus of conservatives from the state is helping too. As much 30-40% of people who left the state in the last five years cited being conservative as their reason for leaving. I’m actually quite interested to see the results of our primary (I think Biden will win, but Sanders/Warren will definitely give him some pressure).

Thank GOD for the electoral college!

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Thank GOD for the electoral college!

Doesn’t mean shit in California. We give our 53 electoral votes to “Not-Trump”, and then we continue being a thorn in the side of the national government. We’re like if Scotland was a state at this point.