website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

33 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I was talking about the Comintern Parties, not the Bolsheviks.  All the Communist Parties living in exile in Moscow - of which the Vietnamese was one - were ruthlessly purged of anyone who might show the faintest glimmer of independence.

But I agree about Chiang Kai-Shek.  His problem was that practically all the journalists writing about China in the 20s & 30s were pro-Communist, so very few people in the West got an accurate picture. 

WWI wiped out the monarchies and it was trendy to support the left-wing & sociallism in the 1920s & 30s. British Empire send China into a terrible spiral after the opium wars which resulted in their own monarchy collapsing even before WWI. Underestimating the power of China became one of the biggest errors of the entire Democratic world and now it's too late to stop them. I fully expect China to be #1 global economy within the next 15-20 years now that USA is busy with internal political problems as well.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

USA has a history of such actions, like when they sided with France and pushed Ho Chi Minh straight into China & USSR's arms. That proved to be a total disaster :p

Meanwhile the Oval Office has bigger problems than Myanmar. Kamala Harris is under fire for wearing Dolce & Gabbana clothes. Ah, the wealthy people's problems! :roflmao:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2021/feb/02/kamala-harris-criticized-wearing-controversial-label-dolce-gabbana

The real question here is why does this editor has a job after allowing this piece of shit note?

Pure trash gossip because some "liberal" wants every brand in the world has a person (Am I allowed to say person, or should I use a "non offensive" word?) in their boards/advertisements, from every politically correct and trendy movement?

How low journalism has fallen.

The pendulum will eventually swing the other way. It always does. Rupert Murdoch's style of journalism is very much on top right now but journalism as a whole isn't as impactful as it once was. People don't need to buy a newspaper to find out what's going on in the world. Clickbaiting is the new black. Time is money, you don't waste time on double-checking your sources because 150 other journalists will beat you to the punch and post a story that gets gazillion likes & retweets in like 10 minutes. This is how modern journalism looks like.

The Guardian is a left-wing newspaper but probably more supporting Lib Dems than Labour Party these days. They absolutely roasted Jeremy Corbyn for his Labour leadership. And they had the courage to admit they were completely fooled by the WikiLeaks which was once seen as the new oracle for all the liberal supporters. I see The Guardian as #1 source to find out what the liberals are getting excited about :p I've given up on Newsweek and CNN :coffee:

Alright, I’ve got to update y’all on the insane saga that is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. 

Here’s one of the latest stories to break on her.

Here’s a list of some of the others insane things she’s either posted about, or agreed with:

- The Sandy Hook and Parkland school shootings and the Las Vegas concert shooting were staged

- The 2018 California wildfires were caused by space lasers funded/built by the Rothschild’s

- 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by the US Government

She is also a well documented supporter of the QAnon conspiracy theory. She wrote for a conspiracy website called “American TruthSeekers.” She also suggested that Democratic politicians should be assassinated.

There will be a vote to remove her from the House Committee for Education and Labor tomorrow. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, I’ve got to update y’all on the insane saga that is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. 

Here’s one of the latest stories to break on her.

Here’s a list of some of the others insane things she’s either posted about, or agreed with:

- The Sandy Hook and Parkland school shootings and the Las Vegas concert shooting were staged

- The 2018 California wildfires were caused by space lasers funded/built by the Rothschild’s

- 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by the US Government

She is also a well documented supporter of the QAnon conspiracy theory. She wrote for a conspiracy website called “American TruthSeekers.” She also suggested that Democratic politicians should be assassinated.

There will be a vote to remove her from the House Committee for Education and Labor tomorrow. 

Wow, that really is insane!  What on earth will she come up with next?  That men should be able to compete in women’s sports? That gold-medal winning decathletes are really women? :roflmao: No, surely even she is not as crazy as that?  :hyper:

Really interesting to see how pop culture suddenly started portraying conspiracy theories so differently.

Go back 20 or 30 years, and you'll stumble onto films like The Terminator 2, The Twelve Monkeys, JFK... The list goes on. All of them indulge into this idea that there is a wider truth that select few are determined to hide at all costs. And the main hero is there to uncover it and win the audience over.

Can you just imagine Hollywood making movies like these again? :lol:

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Really interesting to see how pop culture suddenly started portraying conspiracy theories so differently.

Go back 20 or 30 years, and you'll stumble onto films like The Terminator 2, The Twelve Monkeys, JFK... The list goes on. All of them indulge into this idea that there is a wider truth that select few are determined to hide at all costs. And the main hero is there to uncover it and win the audience over.

Can you just imagine Hollywood making movies like these again? :lol:

Conspiracy movies from the 1970s...

Three Days of the Condor

The Parallax View

The Conversation

All the President’s Men

Capricorn One