website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Next elections in Poland are in 2023 so if Law & Justice ever wanted to play hardball with the anti-abortion law, the perfect timing was last fall especially with COVID still being somewhat relevant. The bill was passed last November, now it's just being made official. Thankfully for L&J teenagers either don't have the right to vote (if someone is 14yo or 15yo today) and this group is usually the least reliable among voters anyway (unlike seniors and elders who simply don't have better things to do than to go and vote). Come 2023 there will be a ton of other topics on the agenda, two years is forever in politics.

On 28/01/2021 at 08:32, Olympian1010 said:

I may bias but biden got no clue about what is going on here, and he goes on to make big descion just like that ,speaking to a palastinian guy i know, he said this is a sign for a bad years to come, here is some facts, more then 95% of the aid is going on weapon and missle purchese, palestinan who need medical care are going to israel to get the health care most of the time for *free* , this is a video from a month ago when Hamas had a drill of rocket lanching and soldiers kidnapping, well it's funny when me and my Arab-Israeli, and Palestinain freinds agree that much but it's happend now...

8 hours ago, Federer91 said:

So when is Uncle Joe going to wave the flag of democracy in Myanmar? :d

Never. Myanmar has nothing that would interest USA and all Western democracies. It was only useful for the British Empire due to being a passage between China and India for trade purposes. That's no longer important. This place became equally as irrelevant as Cape Verde when the slavery trade from Western Africa collapsed.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Never. Myanmar has nothing that would interest USA and all Western democracies. It was only useful for the British Empire due to being a passage between China and India for trade purposes. That's no longer important. This place became equally as irrelevant as Cape Verde when the slavery trade from Western Africa collapsed.

Myanmar is of China’s interests, there are some major China-led infrastructure projects under construction there, especially the gas pipeline linked China and Indian Ocean. If US put some sanctions on Myanmar, it will only push it even firmly on China’s side. Actually it already happened when the West together condemning the so-called Rohinga genocide. 

13 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Myanmar is of China’s interests, there are some major China-led infrastructure projects under construction there, especially the gas pipeline linked China and Indian Ocean. If US put some sanctions on Myanmar, it will only push it even firmly on China’s side. Actually it already happened when the West together condemning the so-called Rohinga genocide. 

Acording Global Times, China is under the "coup of state" in Myanmar, with your post i understand more that supposition.