website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Greta Thunberg accidentally reveals her puppet strings to the world, proves that there really is a global conspiracy to manipulate bubble-headed social-media addicted celebs.  :crazy:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/greta-thunberg-faces-probe-in-india-over-farm-protest-tweets/

A criminal probe? xD

Is anyone in the BJP not a giant snowflake?

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The intention is good for the sake of Yemeni civilians. But it also means a free victory of Russian and Iran backed Houthi forces. It’s a generous gift for Yemeni people, Iran and Russia and world peace. The sacrifice is Saudi’s interest.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

The intention is good for the sake of Yemeni civilians. But it also means a free victory of Russian and Iran backed Houthi forces. It’s a generous gift for Yemeni people, Iran and Russia and world peace. The sacrifice is Saudi’s interest.

I highly doubt Iran cares much about Yemen, yes they care about Iraq, Lebanon and Syria but Yemen is a different story. there are lots of exaggeration about Iran's influence in Yemen but whatever they are doing in Yemen is probably only to have more cards to play in future negotiations. they will sell these "Houthis" in a second if they have to.

and unfortunately nobody cares about Yemen because there is no money. ending that war isn't that hard if there is a will.

nobody is going to win this endless war. only innocent people suffer more and more. they can't eliminate each other and Saudis have no army to invade Yemen. so they will continue just bombing people.

but why Russia ? have they any interest in Yemen ?

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I highly doubt Iran cares much about Yemen, yes they care about Iraq, Lebanon and Syria but Yemen is a different story. there are lots of exaggeration about Iran's influence in Yemen but whatever they are doing in Yemen is probably only to have more cards to play in future negotiations. they will sell these "Houthis" in a second if they have to.

and unfortunately nobody cares about Yemen because there is no money. ending that war isn't that hard if there is a will.

nobody is going to win this endless war. only innocent people suffer more and more. they can't eliminate each other and Saudis have no army to invade Yemen. so they will continue just bombing people.

but why Russia ? have they any interest in Yemen ?

Russia has no direct interests there neither US does, these two military superpower just randomly pick a side to support for proxy war just like what they do in other Middle East countries. If just Iran and Saudi support different sides, it won’t be such a mess now. They just want to keep their influence regionally and globally and whoever step back first would be regarded surrender. Finally Biden step back first for the sake of innocent civilians. Geopolitically lose for US but kept their Democrat‘s cherished value.

I hope the US pulling out of Yemen will make Russia lose interest, too.

Either way I am glad the American government is out of that particular conflict. We never should have been involved in the first place. Now hopefully my other government (Canada) pulls out too.

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I hope the US pulling out of Yemen will make Russia lose interest, too.

Either way I am glad the American government is out of that particular conflict. We never should have been involved in the first place. Now hopefully my other government (Canada) pulls out too.

I think Russia will pull out after US does so. It will de-escalate the situation in Yemen but far from ending. To be practical, I hope either side have a huge win to end the war and UN and all major countries recognize the winner as the de facto lawful government.

9 hours ago, NearPup said:

A criminal probe? xD

Is anyone in the BJP not a giant snowflake?

Well, in Canada you’re never far away from the next snowflake.

The Canadian Olympic Committee said its athletes should avoid publicly criticizing China ahead of the 2022 winter games in Beijing, due to concerns that critics could be prosecuted under the Communist Party's national security laws, the Globe and Mail reported on Thursday.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/canadian-olympic-committee-warns-athletes-not-to-criticize-china/

Big business wastes no time in bribing the corrupt Biden family, as they did with the Obamas, who made more money from books than George RR Martin.

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden-memoir-beautiful-things-84f0218fb720f7f29e79c517962d0011

No doubt film & Netflix deals to come.