website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's like selling an Eagles jersey in Cowboys stadium. You're gonna get whacked just by being there. Law & Justice doesn't care much about political corectness & the LGBT community ain't their voters whatsoever. And no, staging a public protest is not "living their lives". According to the conservative politicians over here it's a provocation, period. Moreover some liberal politicians have asked for more protests so the people who get beat up even more and than be used as LGBT martyrs of sorts :lol:

I will never understand Polish politics, or British for that matter. I hate when people talk about political correctness. There is no such thing. It’s called being a decent fucking human being the end. The end. (That’s not meant to be a rant against you by the way, that’s just me getting upset).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I will never understand Polish politics, or British for that matter. I hate when people talk about political correctness. There is no such thing. It’s called being a decent fucking human being the end. The end. (That’s not meant to be a rant against you by the way, that’s just me getting upset).

Oh, there is. Mostly in terminology though, when suddenly this or that word can't be used anymore.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh, there is. Mostly in terminology though, when suddenly this or that word can't be used anymore.

Writers call that living language. Our standards are always changing, and we’re always learning to be better people, so our language changes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Writers call that living language. Our standards are always changing, and we’re always learning to be better people, so our language changes.

Sure, but there's a bit of a difference between living language or coming up with changes every single time it bothers someone (no, I'm not talking about situations where it bothers a lot of people). Plenty of things bother me, but please don't go and change words because of it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don't give a damn about political corectness either. But politics and decency have nothing to do with each other. Politics is greed for power. Everything else is bullshit. LGBT community in Poland is just a tool in a political power struggle. There is no human rights crap in Poland like in the US. Poland is one of the least racially & religiously diverse countries in the whole Europe. The Jews that heavily occupied the communist Stalin regime were ousted in 1968 by the "new wave" of communists and that was it. The Ukrainian & Belarussian minority stayed behind the USSR borders following Yalta conference decisions. The Germans that lived in Pomerania & Schlessien were mostly send back behind the Oder River after WWII ended. Yeah, it's way too complicated for any American whose only choice was GOP or Democrats for the last 150 years or so ;)

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sure, but there's a bit of a difference between living language or coming up with changes every single time it bothers someone (no, I'm not talking about situations where it bothers a lot of people). Plenty of things bother me, but please don't go and change words because of it.

Tell your problems @heywoodu. I’ll be your shoulder to cry on.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't give a damn about political corectness either. But politics and decency have nothing to do with each other. Politics is greed for power. Everything else is bullshit. LGBT community in Poland is just a tool in a political power struggle. There is no human rights crap in Poland like in the US. Poland is one of the least racially & religiously diverse countries in the whole Europe. The Jews that heavily occupied the communist Stalin regime were ousted in 1968 by the "new wave" of communists and that was it. The Ukrainian & Belarussian minority stayed behind the USSR borders following Yalta conference decisions. The Germans that lived in Pomerania & Schlessien were mostly send back behind the Oder River after WWII ended. Yeah, it's way too complicated for any American whose only choice was GOP or Democrats for the last 150 years or so ;)

You can still be a great politician and a decent human being. Sure, sometimes you may need to put the good aside, but if it's all about greed for power, something's gone seriously wrong!

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I hate the two party system so much. I California we have 6 registered parties, but the state is still dominated by the GOP and DEM

1 minute ago, Agger said:

You can still be a great politician and a decent human being. Sure, sometimes you may need to put the good aside, but if it's all about greed for power, something's gone seriously wrong!

Totally agree here, but many politicians go into politics for greed.

Edited by Olympian1010

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hate the two party system so much. I California we have 6 registered parties, but the state is still dominated by the GOP and DEM

I assume you won't vote for either of them once you're eligible?