website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And we should all elect fake nationalist and populist leaders that are leading us closer to WW3. I’m not for open borders, but I’m vehemently opposed to closed borders and turning our backs on are fellow friends from other parts of the world.

A country doesn't have to take everybody in (A vote to a right-wing anti-immigration party means that the regular people are getting tired of it) & How exactly politicians like the ones in Hungary will cause WW3? I'm curious.

5 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

With all due respect, Hungary is a mostly conservative nation with some of the worst politicians in the world. Journalism there is seriously flawed as well, with very questionable news sources and decidedly anti-immigration sentiment fueled by yellow journalism. It's surprising that immigrants even consider going to a place like this. I imagine how desperate these people need to be in order to even consider living there. I would never. I've been going through more than enough shit in Brazil already, thank you.

The ones trying to enter Hungary mostly likely use it as a.... country you go through to reach another country. At least in my opinion. I never said anything about journalism, so i won't say a thing about it in Hungary lol

7 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

MASS migration has to stop in Europe.

Well, once y’all stop shipping bombs, guns, and planes over there I’ll think about this comment seriously.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

A country doesn't have to take everybody in (A vote to a right-wing anti-immigration party means that the regular people are getting tired of it) & How exactly politicians like the ones in Hungary will cause WW3? I'm curious.

Orban is not a conservative or a nationalist. He is leader, like Putin, that only aims to give himself power and attack all others.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, once y’all stop shipping bombs, guns, and planes over there I’ll think about this comment seriously.

what?
I just wrote what i think, you don't have to think about that comment seriously, if you don't care/like or simply disagree with it.

4 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

what?
I just wrote what i think, you don't have to think about that comment seriously, if you don't care/like or simply disagree with it.

I’m sorry I offended you, but I did scale down what I wanted to say, so it would be so hurtful.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m sorry I offended you, but I did scale down what I wanted to say, so it would be so hurtful.

What makes you think i got offended? Your reply was odd, that's all. Write what you have to say. Or were you going to write a novel about why mass migration is Europe's own fault?

Sometimes I wonder if they really don´t have anyone who explain them the traditions and habits of the country they attend ? if you arrive in a Slavic country like :SVK it´s common that you´ll be welcomed with bread and salt, you should (have to) try it, at least one slice. Emmanuel ! It´s really impolite to not eat the whole slice :(:d

at 36:15 just before the anthems

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I suppose you mean 'we all'? You know, what with the American president basically literally stating the American arms deal with a shady regime is more important than free press? :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!