website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

50 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Sometimes I wonder if they really don´t have anyone who explain them the traditions and habits of the country they attend ? if you arrive in a Slavic country like :SVK it´s common that you´ll be welcomed with bread and salt, you should (have to) try it, at least one slice. Emmanuel ! It´s really impolite to not eat the whole slice :(:d

at 36:15 just before the anthems

Bread and salt? Can there be at least some chocolate on the bread or something? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I suppose you mean 'we all'? You know, what with the American president basically literally stating the American arms deal with a shady regime is more important than free press? :p 

Yeah, he’s American Putin 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Bread and salt? Can there be at least some chocolate on the bread or something? :d 

I guess suddenly pulling a bottle of nutella out of your pocket would be at least a bit misplaced. :lol:

In fact I am pretty sure, it´s a common tradition all over the Slavic countries, if one day some Pan-Slavic games will be established I am persuated that we will see during the flag parade at the opening ceremony flag bearers eating some bread and salt :d

Btw, as far as I know politicians know about this tradition and at least try to be polite, so far I heard only about only one person who literally ignored it, no one else than George Bush who absolutely ignored the girl waiting for him in the airport with bread and salt and he just arrogantly waived off the offer without missing a step. Ignorant ! :mad:

In the other side I remember peoples who ate only salt, like the Chinese ambassador guided by one of his mans but he apparently didn´t knew how to say him and his wife, hey peoples you can cut a bigger slice :lol:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I guess suddenly pulling a bottle of nutella out of your pocket would be at least a bit misplaced. :lol:

Duuuude. Chocolate, not Nutella. I hate Nutella :lol: I love chocolate :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Interesting tradition by the way :d 

Especially nice after a long travel, give me that bread and we can get right to our political action :d 

9 hours ago, hckosice said:

Sometimes I wonder if they really don´t have anyone who explain them the traditions and habits of the country they attend ? if you arrive in a Slavic country like :SVK it´s common that you´ll be welcomed with bread and salt, you should (have to) try it, at least one slice. Emmanuel ! It´s really impolite to not eat the whole slice :(:d

at 36:15 just before the anthems

here it is also custom :d

11 hours ago, Finnator123 said:

MASS migration has to stop in Europe.

Mass migration? We could possibly talk about mass migration back in 2015 and 2016, but we're WAY below those numbers.

Doesn't mean that there aren't problems and that we can't do more (I would especially like us to be less dependent of Turkey), but there are no MASS migration!