website statistics

Athletes Deaths Thread

Dragon

The "car" was an ute so basically a pick-up truck. I don't know how you can accidentally hit your own wife with it, this being a "hit & run" also seems unlikely so I won't be surprised if foul play suddenly becomes the main plot.

Polish former ski jumper Mateusz Rutkowski, 2004 junior world champion, has died, aged 37.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateusz_Rutkowski

Only 11 World Cup starts in his career, which already ended in 2006. I'm sure our Polish users have heard more about it, but according to Wikipedia there had been tons of problems with alcohol, weight issues and such. Sounds tragic :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Zagallo :BRA the only man to win 4 World cups, the personification of Brazilian national team and a very respected Man.

1958 and 1962 - Player

1970 - Coach of one of the best national teams ever.

1994 - technical coordenador

1998 - Coach (runner-up)

He also won a Bronze medal in the 1996 Olympic Games.

One of the absolute all-time greats of football, Franz Beckenbauer, has passed away today, aged 78.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One of the absolute all-time greats of football, Franz Beckenbauer, has passed away today, aged 78.

I hope you don't mind this small correction. He already died yesterday, they just waited until today before giving it to the press.

2 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I hope you don't mind this small correction. He already died yesterday, they just waited until today before giving it to the press.

No reason to mind :p Thanks for the information, I hadn't gotten to read the German news sites yet!