website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

@heywooduas I promised:

The weightlifting coach actually called me via WhatsApp and I was unprepared :lol:

So yeah they intentionally put in Rahmat in B Group. The hamstring injury when he was warming up for C&J made them changed the lift.. He was originally prepared for 185 - 190 - 193 in C&J.

He also shared how the motivation part were also the aspect they take seriously. Rahmat shares the room with his father (the balding guy wearing glasses in black - if you still remember). His father was going to Athens 2004 but withdrew just before the Games due to an injury, and his father shouted to him "Remember son this is the Olympic, I haven't tasted it" at the 3rd C&J lift.

On the other hand, Windy shared a room with Sri Indriyani (Sydney 2000 bronze), and Sri was asked to share how she persevered despite having injury during her lifts in Sydney.

Pizzolato increased his opening attempt to 165kg, which is 1kg more than his personal best (which he set in the third attempt at the ECh this year) :yikes: 

He is going all-in!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh oh, Pizzolato, what did you do guy?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lü in trouble as well!

And both hit their second, we've got ourselves a competition.